SmarterPlay is a fantastic new app providing families in Kent (England) with exclusive free access to a range of opportunities and facilities to support them in the demanding and fun role of parenting their young children.
With up-to-date information from a range of locations and in-app tools, SmarterPlay offers families, ideas and information to enhance young children’s learning and experiences - literally at their fingertips!
Features of the SmarterPlay app include:
• Regular weekly pop-ups (Push Notifications), related to age of child, on fun ideas and activities to promote early learning related to the EYFS Development Matters statements
• Information and links to useful websites covering:
Special Moments – the importance of bonding and attachment
Movers and Shakers – the importance of physical activities
Again, Again & Again – recognising and understanding schemas
Relating to Others – the importance of forming relationships – social and emotional development
Tips for Talking – supporting and encouraging children’s ability to talk
Exciting Explorations – the wonders of playing with every day and non-expensive items
Rest, Routines and Relaxation – the importance of ensuring adequate rest and regular routines
• Making Memories – capture and annotate special moments, significant learning shared with families. Families could be encouraged to share these with you and add to their children’s Learning Journeys. A useful tool to support meaningful and individual planning.
• Family Friendly Places (geo-located) to visit including:
Nappy changing facilities
• Choosing Quality Childcare? Guidance and helpful hints on what to consider when selecting childcare
• Information on local early years providers and schools including link to Ofsted website for latest Ofsted inspection reports
• Free Childcare – access to information on funding and relevant forms
• Quiz - an interactive quiz for families highlighting the importance of supporting children’s development, well being and safety in a fun and inspiring way
-New images and icons
-Ability to add additional children for diarising moments
-Ability to diarise moments by adding images not just from your camera roll, but screen shots etc will also work
-Tips, News, SmarterPlay, Choosing Quality Childcare layout improvements. Cells now expand to show full content rather than truncating text.
Ratings and Reviews
Recommend by a parent to all parents
Very useful and an informative app for early years childcare.
Lots of handy information here! Great idea!
Didn't find this app remotely useful.
I can take photos and diarise moments without it.
Locations - no ability to filter and search, just a map showing loads of pins and no visible key.
Tips just show category titles and first few words of a sentence so I don't know what the tip is about until I clock on it. How do I filter?
Can get all this information on websites.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.