SmartPlant™-Gardening, Plant Identification & Care
By SnappTech Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Struggling to take care of all the plants in your garden?
Spotted a fantastic flower on your way to work?
From first bloomers to amateur gardeners, now everyone can be a budding botanist with SmartPlant. Our experts provide the name and a touch of expert advice on pictures of any plant or pest photos that you submit. You can also have a quick chat with them about your puzzling plant or intrusive pest.
Our green-fingered friends don’t stop there. They can take a peek into your digital garden and tell you what you need to be doing each month as well as giving you ideas on the tools you need to be doing it. Gardening has never been so smart.
Know the name of the plant you want to add to the care calendar? No problemo! You now have access to over 20,000 plants that you can add to your garden and get free monthly reminders for the plants you put in My Garden.
"This app is like having a horticultural expert in your pocket.”
App of the month - WIRED magazine
Featured in BBC Gardener’s World, The Daily Telegraph, The Guardian, Huffington Post, The Daily Mail, iTunes DIY essentials, SiriusXM and on BBC radio.
This technology puts our Global experts inside your plants! No matter where you live or what type of plants you have this technology will simplify and streamline your plants' needs. Rolling out in retailers across the country in spring, just scan a barcode and your personal care instructions will be found in the app.
HOW IT WORKS:
You will get a few free credits to get you going and then one a month after that. You can buy more credits or subscribe for endless expert enjoyment.
Become a premium member and receive unlimited access to our experts so you can let them do the thinking for your plants
1. Snapp all of the plants in your garden and let our experts identify them for you, or just pick a category or the exact plant from our whopping plant library.
2. Press the leaf icon to add your plants to “My Garden”
3. Keep an eye out for our notifications or check your care calendar to check your monthly advice
4. Relax….Your plants are safe with the horticultural druids
1. Take a plant or pest photo and upload it
2. Photo is analysed by our team of horticultural experts
3. Receive an ID of your plant or pest with additional info
4. Any more questions? Chat with your expert
-Over 50 Leading global horticulturists in your pocket working with an ever-expanding plant library of over 20,000 plants
- Localisation of requests so you will only ever be dealing with your local expert
-Fast and accurate plant and pest identification
-‘My Garden’ lets you build your garden in the app to receive bespoke advice, relevant recommendations and seasonal reminders
GARDEN SMARTER WITH PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP
Premium puts our experts in your pocket. Let them take care of your garden with:
1. Unlimited plant & pest identifications
2. Digital garden care: Expert curated care advice for your plants
3. Extended expert chat: Talk to our experts for longer about your plants and curiosities
4. Regional notifications: Plant related alerts and warnings from your local expert
Monthly membership is only $5.99 per month
Yearly membership is $34.99
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. Subscriptions may be managed, and auto-renewal may be turned off, by going to the Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
What's New in Version 4.0.3
WARNING: This app will make looking after your plants incredibly simple.
***Formerly Known as PlantSnapp***
1. Due to overwhelming positive response to the new platform of complete plant care, we have had to upgrade all our systems to handle the scale. We worked through some bugs as well.
2. We welcome our two newest retail partner Orchard Supply Hardware and Burncoose ready for your plant scans and complete home care connections...more coming soon!
We have been burning the midnight oil to bring you a couple of revolutionary new features to make loving and caring for your plants simple.
1. SmartPlant™ technology - With the scan of a barcode (at one of our participating partners) you can turn your new plant and any other plants you have into a SmartPlant, allowing them to tell you what they need every month. You will receive free premium membership with the scan of a barcode giving you: unlimited ID's, unlimited expert interaction and full access to your personalised care calendar.
2. Getting personal - With plants in far corners of the globe under our guidance it takes a lot of work to make sure we are giving you the right information at the right time, get ready for even more precise and relevant information for YOUR location.
3. Keeping it simple - We like simple things, and you probably do to...our app has been improved to make sure all plant related info can be as simple as possible.
4. The plants - If there is one thing we have a lot of its plants, with over 20,000 in our database it is important that you can browse them with ease. Our database search has been improved to include common names, latin names and alphabetical search.
5. Squishing bugs - We all hate them and they need to be squished.
So far so good. Very fast, accurate and polite responses! Not knowing so many plants in my garden was irritating. This app has scratched a big itch! Having a single database of everything in my garden is a big bonus! One small piece of feedback.. it would be really useful to add your own notes to the flowers listed in your garden section.
A great app!
I love this app. It has been so useful in enabling me to identify plants. One one occasion the answer came back within ten minutes. On another it took a day or so because they were very busy, but I don't know how else I would have identified the specimens.
Good idea, poor execution
See a plant in your garden, take s photo and ask an "expert" to identify it - simple? No! You have to sign up, open an account with a password and your email, etc, etc, etc. Then you can do it, right? Not yet! You have to *buy credits! Are you kidding?
It said that when I started out it would let me have some credits "for free", but it didn't. The expert never answered my query, after all that. What a ridiculously stupid app. Bad show all round.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 27 April 2017
- Version: 4.0.3
- Size: 61.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: SnappTech Limited
- © 2014 SnappTech
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Monthly Premium£3.99
- 5 Credits£3.99
- Annual Premium£35.99
- 2 Credits£1.99
- Quarterly Premium£9.99
- Quarterly Premium£9.99
- SmartPlant Premium Membership£25.99