Manage your money on the go, easily and securely, with the smile mobile banking app.
- Quickly check your balance and recent transactions
- Pay people you’ve paid before and make one-off payments of up to £250 to someone new
- Securely transfer money between your smile bank accounts
- Easily pay your bills wherever you are
- Customisable text alerts to let you know if your balance gets too low
- Keep on top of your credit card balance, limit, bill due date and recent transactions
- Fast, simple and secure login with your passcode
- Contact details for when you need a little extra support
- Find your local branch with Branch Finder
Tell us what you think on Twitter @bankwithsmile and on Facebook.
CAN I USE THE APP?
Yes, if you’re a smile current or savings account customer, have a UK mobile number starting with 07 and an iPhone or iPad running iOS 7 and above. You also need to be registered for telephone banking.
HOW TO REGISTER
Download the app, then follow the simple on-screen instructions:
1. Enter your mobile phone number to receive a one-time activation code by text message
2. Enter the activation code in the app
3. Create a mobile banking passcode, this needs to be between 5-8 digits
4. Enter your account details and confirm security details: We’ll ask for 2 digits of your 4-digit telephone banking passcode and 1 of your 5 pieces of secure personal information
Remember, we’ll never ask for your full security code or all of your secure personal information
Keeping your data secure is crucial. To protect our customers we us a range of security measures including the latest encryption technology. Independent security experts have testing the security of our app.
There are still a few things you can do to protect yourself using the app:
- Never share your login details with anyone
- When logging on in a public place, keep your details out of sight
- Create a password or PIN to access your device
- Never store your mobile banking passcode on your device
We won’t charge you for downloading or using the app. However, your mobile network provider may charge you for data use, depending on your tariff or contract. Contact your operator for details. You may also use this service when connected to a Wi-Fi network.
To enjoy all of the features listed you will need to accept the following permissions:
- Network communications for connectivity
- Your location to find your nearest cash machine or branch
Ratings and Reviews
Awful advert for the bank. Very basic and nothing special.
I guess this was rushed through to join the rest of the banks that have clearly put more thought into their apps and what customers want.
This shows only the most recent credit card transactions and these take two days to show. No alerts when spend is made. No ability to see historic statements. Not much going for it. Security demands full pin yet when you are in there there isn’t much useful to do
Coop has always been behind on security - no ability to change own pin on-line always being. Big bugbear of mine.
Hi. Thanks for your comments around our app. We really appreciate the feedback you've given, as we're constantly looking for suggestions on how we can improve the services we offer and customer feedback is crucial for this. I've made our Digital team aware of the points you've raised. Thanks - Dan
Inbox in this app is pointless
You would think the inbox function would allow secure messages. It doesn't!
It doesn’t help with my credit card monthly payment. Some fool allows the viewing of the minimum payment due but not the full payment for that statement period. If you want to avoid interest charges, your forced to log online to see the full payment amount. Just crazy and unhelpful in this respect!
Hi DT40592. The inbox on the app stores messages linked to balance alerts (if you have them in place). I will pass on your comments around the inbox feature and also the feedback you've given on the credit card functionality. Thanks – Dan
Tried to register - yes, with correct details. As soon as entered security data the screen went black. Assume it crashed (which never happens with any other apps). Tried 4 more times then told I’d have to call support to register. Gave up. Only wanted to check my balance.
I can only imagine the volunteers who are left to manage this bank stopped getting donations back in 2009.
Hi Loz. I'm sorry you had difficulties registering the app. When doing this you'll be asked to confirm info you set-up previously for online banking, which is still used for telephone banking. If you need to check these details, please give our Customer Services team a call on 03457 212 212 (8am-8pm, 7 days a week). Thanks - Dan
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.