Created for those who want to stop smoking, the Smokefree app is a 4 week programme that puts practical support, encouragement and tailored advice in the palm of your hand.
• Daily support messages to help to motivate you
• Badges to reward your progress
• A savings calculator so you can see how much money you're saving
• Record a motivation. This lets you take a picture to remind you why you’re giving up
• Tips to help you with your craving and quitting journey
A new and improved design, including:
- Choose a future start date for becoming smokefree, with a countdown to the day
- Pick a date in the past if you’ve already started your smokefree journey
Ratings and Reviews
I have only just downloaded this app and I am already enjoying the benefits of it, don’t get me wrong I have tried many times & failed however I did manage 4 years off the smoking & after putting my cigarette money faithfully in a jar which could only be smashed to get my money out I actually paid for a new leather suite after only 8 months so that alone kept me going, however with family issues I stupidly started again but now that I have this app I can check it everyday to see my progress. I think this app along with strong willpower will push me on through which is one of the hardest things to give up. I’m 48 now & have a grandson so I want to be able to enjoy him & be as healthy & wealthy as I can be. All I can do is do my best so fingers crossed this app is going to help me along with my journey.........🙏🙏
Smoke Free for Five Weeks!
This great App helped to motivate me and kept me going when I needed a bit of extra support! It was good to have the badges- showing you each milestone you’d passed and useful tips on beating cravings- not to mention the running total of how much money you were saving as each day passed!! Also found some of the health information given helped to spur me on too. All in all, would definitely recommend this App to anyone wanting a bit of extra support alongside their willpower!! Hasn’t been easy, but have started to see and feel the benefits of stopping already!! Thanks Smokefree!!
There are better Apps out there
As a time counter this app is ok but disappointingly, there is nowhere to record cravings or make diary/note entries. These things would be useful. Most disappointing of all is that it takes you to a month and that’s it, cut off point as if once you’ve gone for this length of time you’re gone free. Anyone giving up smoking including myself is a recovering addict and support needs to go beyond 4 weeks! It doesn’t just go away after 28days. Also, it would be useful for users to be provided with links to educational materials on exactly what nicotine addiction is and how it affects you during use and withdrawal. People are more likely to succeed if they understand what is happening and why. I’d have expected more from an NHS endorsed app.
- Public Health England
- 9.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Public Health England, 2018
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.