By Public Health England
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Created for those who want to stop smoking, the Smokefree app is a 4 week programme that puts practical support, encouragement and tailored advice in the palm of your hand.
• Daily support messages to help motivate you
• Badges to reward your progress
• A craving button with tips and content to distract you
• A savings calculator so you can see how much money you're saving
• Record a motivation. This lets you take a picture or add text to remind you why you’re giving up
• Success tips – tried and tested ways to help you
What's New in Version 2.0.0
A new and improved design, including:
- Choose a future start date for becoming Smokefree, with a countdown to the day
- Pick a date in the past if you’ve already started your smokefree journey
- Better social media sharing, so you can tell your friends and family how you’re doing
Could be better
I have just downloaded the app and was hoping it would have given more help with motivation to quit.
The cost of smoking is only relevant to cigarettes and not tobacco pouches so isn't realistic and totally out. Also it doesn't give much information on how your body is recovering itself since you stopped x amount of hours ago. It would be good if it gave you an oversight of how you are benefiting from not smoking since you quit. And maybe had pictures and stop smoking adverts to help put you off. Considering it's the NHS and the resources they have ... this is a pretty poor attempt in my view.
I downloaded this application to replace the previous NHS StopSmoking app, as it is no longer updated and will stop working with the introduction of iOS11. Specifically, I want to keep the ability to track the cumulative number of days since I quit, which, despite being nearly two years ago, is still a source of encouragement to check every once in a while.
Unfortunately it is not possible to enter a previous date of cessation and the app defaults to today's date, so I guess that's that. A shame.
It helps but not for long!!
A good app that needs to be developed. Firstly it needs to have a section to allow you to enter the cost of cigarettes, tobacco etc not just a generic price.
Secondly it stops after 28 days (apart from the day counter). Could do with carrying on as you continue to have cravings.
Luckily found another app that does all this and has lots of other features to help continue.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 24 October 2016
- Version: 2.0.0
- Size: 19.6 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Public Health England
- © Public Health England, 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.