Come for an adventure in the forest with The Bellman, The Baker, The Butcher, The Beaver and all the other characters from Lewis Carroll's nonsense poem The Hunting of the Snark. Playing the ever reliable Boots, you can hunt for thimbles and jam, forks and cress, defend yourself against the fearsome Jubjub bird, and revive the heroic (if light headed) Baker. All the while you’ll be on the lookout for the elusive Snark.
From early March 2018, Burn the Curtain's new phone app will be available as a free download. You will be able to use it at three Forestry Commission Sites;
* Haldon near Exeter, Devon
* Hamsterley near Bishop Auckland, County Durham
* Sutton Manor Community Woodland near St Helen’s, Cheshire
* Delamere, in Cheshire
* Dalby Forest near Yorkshire
* Thetford Forest in Norfolk
* Bedgebury Pinetum in Kent
To use this app your device will need a Camera, Gyroscope, GPS and Magnetometer.
- Added new locations
Ratings and Reviews
App was ok, and worked fine but you don’t get to see the snark at the end....really disappointing for my 4 year old after walking a long way and doing all the tasks, to then not even see a snark, let alone catch it!
- Forestry commission
- 192.2 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Crown copyright
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.