By Snow-Forecast.com Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Snow-Forecast.com is the number one website for snow sports enthusiasts.
The Snow-Forecast.com mobile app lets you keep track of your favourite mountain resorts whilst on the move. The main features are:
- Our full database of over 2,900 ski resorts around the world
- Geolocation to show the closest ski resorts to your current position
- Add your chosen resorts to a favourites list
- sign up to snow alerts
- Detailed snow forecasts, updated every 4 hours (6 days free, 9 days for members)
- 3 forecasts per resort for the top, middle and bottom lifts
- Snowfinder: telling you where to find the nearest best conditions
- Latest detailed snow reports (where available)
- Resort webcam image* (where available)
- Weather maps for snow accumulations, cloud, wind and temperature
- No adverts for logged in members
Useful but not perfect
Some glitches and the user interface could be better. It's one of those things you want to check a lot (especially your home resort) so it would make sense to have the info right there on the first screen. Instead you have to click on the star, then choose your resort (even if there is only one in your list of favs), then it loads. A bit of a chore really and it's just one example of badly designed UI. Suggest that the sponsor (Whistler) pay a little more for a better app vendor to create something more representative of the quality of their brand.
Useful with a few glitches
*it's annoying that you have to enter login details every time you open the app
*doesn't remember whether you set metric/imperial
Useful until it crashed
Dismal user experience. Info useful. It suddenly stopped giving me forecasts for Val Thorens instead crashing every time I try to acces Val T forecast.
Apps like this not good enough.