Chess - SocialChess
By Woodchop Software LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SocialChess is a fun way to play fast or slow chess with friends or with random opponents! Play with a clock or play turn-based correspondence chess!
"Fantastic app. Easily the best head-to-head app out there!" -Leo Laporte
"Social Chess Is The Best Way To Get Your iCheckmate On" -CultOfMac.com
* No Advertisements!
* Beautiful, clean, intuitive layout.
* Optimized to be fast and stable. Nothing worse than an app that crashes!
* Features are chosen and implemented carefully.
* Instant account creation - no email validation necessary.
* Your privacy is respected. We will not spam or share any user info.
* Game features are driven by your feedback!
* Statistics - ELO Rating, Wins, Losses, Draws.
* Elo Charts & Per Opponent statistics.
* Receive push notifications when a game is updated.
* Play even when there is no internet connection. Moves are sent later!
* Play up to 5 games at a time, or increase it to 100 with In-App purchase!
* Search for opponents by username, email, or we'll match you with a random opponent.
* Claim Victory if opponent does not make a move in 5 days.
* Optional Takeback.
* Analysis Board to work out your strategy.
* User Profile including picture, comments, etc.
* Map view of your opponent's location.
* Browse your opponent's games, and their opponent's games.
* Elo Rankings.
What's New in Version 2.91
* Bug fixes and improvements
Excellent design and value for money
Having looked at a few apps, I firmly believe that this is the best for giving opportunities for online games. A game is always available within a few minutes against an opponent of similar ability. The year's subscription for the premium version is excellent value for money.
Best Online Chess App
This app is perfect for playing chess with friends or random people across the internet. The app looks attractive, has lots of great features and I haven't ran into any bugs at all.
I'm actually considering buying the premium upgrade, even though I don't need any of the features, just to reward the developers.
Fantastic game for learning and playing!
I've not played chess for years but downloaded this app onto my iPad just over a week ago. It's so good I've paid the £7.99 to upgrade. I did this not only so that I can email myself matches I've played but also to support the developers of this app. Absolutely brilliant app! Well done guys!
- Category: Games
- Updated: 17 September 2016
- Version: 2.91
- Size: 36.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: Lee Carlson
- © 2016 Woodchop Software LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Annual Membership£7.99