By The National Trust
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
60 years of Bohemian Soho is brought vividly to life in this unique audio tour, narrated by veteran Soho entertainer Barry Cryer.
Soho Stories knows where you are, what street you’re on, and whispers its hedonistic history in your ear.
With stories from celebrity ‘Sohoites’ such as
- Molly Parkin on boozing with artist Francis Bacon
- Janet Street Porter on the Groucho club
- Frankie Fraser on the rise of the gangster
- Wee Willie Harris on the birth of rock n’ roll
With music to score your journey by the Correspondents, Brian Eno and others, and readings by Felix Dennis, Anna Adams and Maggie O’Farrell.
WARNING: some stories contain strong language and references to sex and violence.
What's New in Version 1.2
To celebrate the release of 'The Look of Love' starring Steve Coogan (in cinemas 26th April), we have new stories on Paul Raymond and his club, Raymond's Revuebar...
- new interview with Paul Willetts, biographer of Paul Raymond
- exclusive clips from the movie
- account of a striptease... featuring a cheetah!
Fantastic and fun. A great way to find interesting pockets of one of the most interesting places in any city in the world
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 05 April 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 194 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The National Trust
- © 2012 National Trust
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.