By Stone Blade Entertainment
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The exciting new trading card game (TCG) from the makers of Ascension: Deckbuilding Game and Magic: the Gathering.
SolForge is a revolutionary new TCG that will redefine the genre, designed specifically to take advantage of the digital TCG space. Start your account with free cards and earn cards every day by playing!
"...one of the best demos on our showfloor." - Penny Arcade
"SolForge is a fun game, and it looks amazing" - Gamerfront.com
"Looks fantastic...I was able to jump in and start playing right away" - Wired.com
- Start with two free decks, and earn additional cards just by playing
- Challenge your friends or play against AI opponents with multiple levels of difficulty
- Simple to learn, difficult to master.
- User-Friendly Tutorial to get you playing right away
- Unique leveling mechanic transforms your cards as you play
This is just the first chapter in the SolForge saga. New Features are coming including:
- New Cards
- Campaign Mode
- Cooperative Raids
- Animated Cards
- And more!
What's New in Version 4.0.0
What's new in 4.0!
· Compete against opponents online and win prizes based on your results! All players are guaranteed prizes.
· Play at your convenience! You can complete your tournament rounds whenever is convenient for you. No waiting on other players to finish or setting aside big blocks of time to play!
· Event Tickets for tournament play can be purchased with either Gold or Silver
2. Draft Mode
· Build a new deck by picking cards from random selections as you go and compete against other players who do the same.
· Play a new deck every time!
· All of the cards you draft are added to your collection!
3. iPhone Support
· SolForge is now available for iPhone! Take your gaming experience with you in your pocket wherever you go!
4. New cards
· 24 new cards across all four factions are now available to earn through daily rewards or open in booster packs
· Many existing cards updated with new abilities
5. New Daily Rewards
· Earn rewards for daily login, first win of the day, and every win against an online opponent!
· Earn Event Tickets with your first online win each day to play in tournaments for free!
Standard cash cow
Promising so much innovation and quality this company raked in money using kick starter to get the game up and running. The product falls far short of the huge claims and hype and is no more than an average CCG at best.
Where it does stand out however is that having already got us all to invest heavily in its creation, the company have now turned it into a huge fat mega cash cow. Just load it up and look at the cost of gold and the cost of decks and booster packs!!
Apple should do their customers a favour and take it off the App Store. There are plenty of near identical and indeed better games out there which do not rip off players!
I know it's probably ported from the iPad but it's a little sucky that it doesn't use the whole screen on the iPhone! Other than that same great game.
Doesn't live up to its own bragging
After reading the developers brag about it "redefining the CCG genre" I was compelled to check that claim out.
I have now reinstalled it after giving them chance to upgrade it. Little has changed.
The card evolution is directly taken from the kids CCG Pokemon.Nothing redefining there.
The combat system and lining up of combatants is very limited and of course comes from Spectromancer. Nothing redefining there.
The card art ranges from high-school project level to good.
Simplistic, unoriginal, and didn't keep my interest that long. The cards, in particular, are characterless generic fantasy with no attempt at originality. All packed with meta-game effects that make no sense.
Yet they've had thousands poured into the project as. Kick starter. What is the money going?pizzas and hotels ?
- Category: Games
- Updated: 19 December 2013
- Version: 4.0.0
- Size: 377 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Stone Blade Entertainment
- © Stone Blade Entertainment 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bundle of 1300 Gold£2.99
- Bundle of 5600 Gold£13.99
- Bundle of 2750 Gold£6.99
- Bundle of 30000 Gold£69.99
- Alloyin Starter Deck£2.99
- Bundle of 14400 Gold£34.99
- Nekrium Starter Deck£2.99
- Tempys Starter Deck£2.99
- Uterra Starter Deck£2.99
- Nekrium Skin£1.49