Songdrop - Free Music Player
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Listen to music from YouTube, Soundcloud, Bandcamp and Vimeo all in one place for free! Find songs and add them to your mixes: you can create playlists with videos and songs, then share them with your friends.
* Listen to songs from YouTube with no interruptions
* Make mixes with YouTube videos AND Soundcloud streams
* Swipe to keep songs in your account
* Discover new music
* Share songs on Facebook
Featured on TechCrunch, Lifehacker and MusicWeek!
What's New in Version 1.1
So what's new in this release, you ask? That's a really good question, human.
* Streaming over 3G is a lot better, which means that you don't have to hover around wi-fi just to listen to songs or check out a mix. It makes this entire enterprise more sensible on a mobile communication device that's masquerading as a mini-computer with a phone app and a sim card.
* You can now search for songs and drop them directly to mixes, thereby making me actually useful if you're a new user. I know, right, revolutionary. You can search YouTube and Soundcloud from the app, so be sure to get as many twerking videos as you can before it stops being "a thing." Personally I recommend the early work of Big Freedia or DJ Jubilee.
* Whenever you want to drop a song, you can just swipe to the right, and add it to a mix. It's sort of like a line dance. Swipe left, swipe right, swipe up, swipe down and turn yourself around. We've not worked out how to bring the accelerometer into this but we will eventually. Maybe next time.
Songdrop has been amazing. I've used up all my storage space on my iPhone with baby photos. There's no space for music! But with songdrop, I can listen to everything I like wherever I am. Awesome. Really great way of finding new music too. Thanks guys.
Having downloaded the desktop version on my iMac and enjoyed creating several mixes I was thrilled when they launched the iPhone app. I can now take my music with me. Love the Facebook link too.
I love this app. I am not techy and find most online things really difficult, but this is intuitive and really useful. You don't know you needed it until you have it.