SongPal:Bluetooth® & Wi-Fi Audio Control
By Sony Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SongPal is a mobile application dedicated for the Wireless Audio Devices from Sony. It allows you to browse and play the audio contents in the Audio Device by connecting via Bluetooth® technology or Wi-Fi.
SongPal is only available for compatible audio product
Please check if your audio products are compatible with SongPal from our support site.
Play the music contents from CD, USB, and Smartphone.
Access music by browsing or searching music folders stored on your computer or NAS drive thru network(DLNA)*.
Browse Streaming Services*, such as Pandora, Spotify, Deezer, and TuneIn Radio.
Create the group with SongPal Link Multi-room compatible devices*.
Play the same song on the created group simultaneously*.
Change the setting on the audio device, such as Equalizer, Sleep Timer, Network* and so on.
Easy access to other applications in the Smartphone by using "Add Apps" function.
*Available only on Wi-Fi compatible devices.
Some features may not be supported by certain devices.
Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries.
Please make sure to update SongPal to the latest version.
What's New in Version 4.3.0
Improving on the quality of operation.
App lets down speaker
The app unfortunately is quite frustrating to use and is some way behind sonos at the moment. Some relatively simple changes would improve it no end:
- If you try and do anything with your phone, or even with the app itself, the music will stop playing when it reaches the end of the song it's playing. Even going back onto the currently playing screen doesn't fix this if you are playing an album or playlist.
- You must leave the app sat on the currently playing screen on your phone constantly in order for it to work correctly. IOS has had the ability for apps to run in the background for a very long time, I see no reason why this feature of the OS isn't being used by the app developers.
- There is no ability to queue music up to allow you to pick songs you want to play from your phone and add them to the speaker to be played once previously queued songs have been played.
- There is no search facility for songs/albums etc, and there isn't even an a-z0-9 quick move facility to scroll to the right starting point.
- Multiple people can't use the app at the same time from different devices, so my wife can't add some songs to play, or guests can't. This is a great feature with Sonos.
Overall the speaker I bought is great sound qualitywise, but this app really lets it down, and I'm starting to regret my decision to buy the speaker.
Faulty since 10.2, but overall poor
Since the 10.2 IOS update on iPad mini 4 and 6S, when operating radio, the station will play, but there is no way of stopping it. Have to manually select another source. However, the UI is a low standard. It is sluggish, the radio favourites folder nearly always needs two attempts to access. Ideally I need a preference set for zone 1 or zone 2, as I use the app for running zone 2 of an AV system. Also previous requests for improvements which would benefit many users was ignored - there is still no side panel access of the app on the iPad. The standard here is poor and it's very annoying because it's the only solution to run my Sony 1050 AV.
Good app BUT needs a search feature
I use this app all the tame i think its good but it needs to have a typed song search. typing the name of the song you are looking for would be a lot easier than scrolling through hundreds of songs on the USB it can be a little tedious
I hope to see this put this on a newer update
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 10 November 2016
- Version: 4.3.0
- Size: 63.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Sony Corporation
- © 2014, 2015, 2016 Sony Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.