SongSheet Pro - Chord chart songbook, setlist manager, and gig assistant
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SongSheet Pro is for the gigging musician. The song writer. The busker. The music therapist. The teacher. The worship leader. Use it on stage, on the street, in the home, around the camp fire or in the class room. It has an easy to use lyrics and chords editor, and can manage thousands of song sheets, with powerful tools to support you when you play or sing.
Here’s a very brief summary of what SongSheet Pro can do. A user manual with more comprehensive information is available on the SongSheet website.
Manage your song library and set lists:
• Unlimited songs and set lists
• Write your own songs or easily copy and paste them from the web or any other source
• Import PDF (see note on limitations below), plain text, and ChordPro files via iTunes File Sharing, iCloud Drive, AirDrop or other cloud storage providers, or opened from another application
• Quick search and filter options: by title, author, genre and key; tag your songs with special icons and use the tags to list just the songs you want
• Move and reorder songs and sets within a set list
• Set lists and sets display the total duration for all included songs
• Easily create duplicates of your songs or even entire set lists
• Supports Slide Over and Split View multitasking (on compatible devices)
Powerful song editing:
• Quickly transpose a song or set a capo; all chords in the song are instantly updated
• Specially-optimised editor for WYSIWYG chord chart creation
• The keyboard is augmented with an editable chord palette for easy chord entry
• Drag and drop lines to reorder a stanza
• Drag and drop stanzas to change the arrangement
• Drag and drop chords within the song for perfect chord placement
• Quickly edit a chord using the chord editor
Easy sharing and printing options:
• Share songs and set lists with other band members via AirDrop, Messages and email
• Generate PDF versions of your songs and set lists: open them in other apps, share them via AirDrop, or export them to iCloud Drive, Dropbox and other supported file storage locations
• Print your set lists and songs directly to supported AirPrint printers. For songs, you have control over page size, orientation, margins, font styles, line spacing, whether to include chords, etc
Perform in style:
• Beautiful and cleanly rendered chord charts
• Use auto scroll, construct an arrangement or use a Bluetooth foot-pedal to effortlessly move through your song without missing a beat
• Remotely control SongSheet Pro on your iPad using the SongSheet Remote app (free) for your iPhone or iPod Touch
• Includes built-in themes for performance (under lights or out in the open) or make your own
• Display your lyrics on the big screen so your audience can follow/sing along. This is especially useful for congregational singing in churches
• Add any backing track from your music library
SongSheet Pro is being continually updated and improved. If there is something you'd like to see in the app, I'd love to hear from you!
(Please note that SongSheet Pro cannot currently convert PDFs from SongSelect or scanned documents; if you cannot copy and paste the song text out of the PDF, SongSheet Pro can't import it, either.)
What's New in Version 2.8
If you like SongSheet, please take the time to write a review on the app store; this helps keep the free updates coming.
# New features
- Improved sharing: share setlists, songs, and themes with other SongSheet users via AirDrop, Messages and as attachments to emails.
# Bug fixes
- If a theme had a background texture set, it was not being displayed behind the lyrics in the song view
- Various bug fixes around creating and editing setlists
- Your place in the song list is now remembered when returning to the library view
- Fixed an out-of-memory crash that could occur when importing large setlists
I am a gigging drummer and I'm currently just using this app for lyrics, I've found it very easy to navigate and use. I know it does much more than I use it for but I find it great with my iPad mounted on a stand sitting above the hi-hat.
But I must say the only thing that would make it really stand out as the best would be a built in metronome with flash.
Come on guys.....please add a metronome!!!
I'm finding this app very useful.
The option to have the auto-scroll start/stop by tapping the whole screen with a nice big blue arrow to remind me is most welcome.
Very much looking forward to the addition of a metronome function so I can give the app 5 stars.
I really like this app
So far I have imported 150 songs, which I copied over from iPages. It was worth the time I spent doing this as the app makes it easy to organise each song into different sets in preparation for a gig. I would recommend this app.
Some good points
-I have found this app easy to use and the downloadable help file covered the main features of the app.
-The app is stable and operates fairly smoothly; with the exception of importing from OneDrive.
-Copy and paste from multiple sources: Word, iPages, Internet.
-You can add a genre to each song, key and author.
-Easily drag chords to required position.
-Easily transpose the key of each song.
-Easily place songs into a set and order as required.
-Simple back-up using email.
-Ability to both email and print PDFs of a set.
-Increase text size, change colour of text and chords, change page background colour.
-Increase screen size by using gestures. Great for poor eye sight.
-Auto scroll feature works well, but I would like more flexibility to control the speed of each song.
Some difficulties experienced
-After importing there is some formatting required to adjust the chords into the correct position, which can be time consuming. However, it is simple to drag the chord where you want it.
-I did find a problem importing a txt and PDF file from OneDrive and iCloud. I had to open the file and copy and paste the content.
-More options for controlling speed of auto scroll.
-I would like the song key to be remembered so that after I transpose a song I can easily revert back to original key.
-A built in metronome.