The Sonic 4 saga continues in Episode II with the return of a beloved sidekick and fan-favorite villains!
Metal Sonic has teamed up with Dr. Eggman, and the dubious duo are together on Little Planet, ready to build a new Death Egg, this time constructed around Little Planet. It’s up to Sonic and his trusty sidekick to foil Dr. Eggman’s plans and take down Death Egg mk.II. With a classic ‘Sonic feel,’ enhanced gameplay, five distinctive Zones, and a soundtrack composed by Jun Senoue, this speedy sequel that originally launched in May of 2012 does not disappoint.
This release of Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II also includes Episode Metal unlocked from the get-go. This bonus set of stages sees you playing as Metal Sonic across fiendishly difficult versions of Zones from Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode I. Complete them to discover the complete story behind Sonic The Hedgehog 4!
Like the rest of the SEGA Forever collection, Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II boasts added features such as leaderboards, cloud saves, and controller support. Each game in the collection is available to download for free from the App Store for iPhone and iPad.
Players who want to experience the games without ads can remove them for a one-time in-app purchase priced at $1.99/ €2.29 / £1.99.
- Five Zones and seven bosses to best as Sonic and Tails
- Play as Metal Sonic in Episode Metal, now unlocked from the start!
- Complete all the Special Stages to unlock Super Sonic!
- Work with Tails to perform the Rolling, Copter, and Submarine combos!
- Can you collect all the Red Star Rings?
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
- PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
- SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game.
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT: MFi compatible controllers
SONIC 4: EPISODE II TRIVIA
- Sonic The Hedgehog 4's story takes place after the events of Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
- The halfpipe Special Stages return from Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - don't worry though, they aren't quite as tough as before!
- Can you spot all the other references to Zones and features from the 16-bit Sonic series?
SONIC 4: EPISODE II HISTORY
- Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II was first released in May 2012
- Developed by Sonic Team and Dimps
- Lead Programmer: Koji Okugawa
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy/#2e_Third_Party_Info for more information)
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and Reviews
No please no just please
I paid for a lot of the sonic the hedgehog games on here(yes I’m a #1 fan ) but when they got sega forever updates now one its free and I thought “spent my money for nothing “ until I thought I can get the no ads by restoring purchase but no I spent allot of money and adverts I’m not a hater sega but it’s happened with all my other sonic games so please help me otherwise sega you are amazing and carry on speeding that blue blur oh and one last thing the reason I’m so bugged about ads it’s because then my game completely glitches out after you’ve seen the advert it’s horrible thanks bye 😃
I have already bought the full game before it got updated to a sega forever
I bought this game Months ago and now you make it free but we have to pay to remove ads this is stupid I have already paid like £5 to play it not to mention also buying episode 1 just to have episode metal so why can’t you update the game so customers who already bought it don’t have to pay to remove ads because they won’t be there for existing customers who paid before it updated to sega forever. Or make the restore purchases work because it says I have not paid to remove ads even though I have already paid to play it (before sega forever)
Sega breaks the another rule of controls
So if you purchased a sonic game you’ve ruined ONE sonic game, if you purchased more than one game you’ve then ruined all of them which then the controls makes all of what I said ruined as well as the sega forever sega is talking about. Games like sonic the hedgehog 1 doesn’t allow you to turn into super sonic when you have got all the Chaos Emeralds which also makes a ripped-off reimagined sonic game with no gammick what so ever. Anyone who would be mostly to agree with me would get my point.
- Sega America
- 821.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 4 EPISODE II are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade £1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.