One of the best selling SEGA games of all time - Sonic The Hedgehog 2 is now available for free on mobile! Rediscover SEGA’s super Sonic masterpiece!
Dr. Eggman is back to his old tricks, trying to find the seven Chaos Emeralds that will enable him to complete his ultimate weapon, the Death Egg. Only the triple threat of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles can defeat him in this remaster from the team behind Sonic Mania!
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 joins the ever-increasing line-up of ‘SEGA Forever’, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Twelve Badnik-infested zones to master, from underwater caverns to neon-lit casinos!
- Compete online, take on the Time Attack mode, and the all-new Boss Attack mode!
- Play the secret Hidden Palace Zone stage that didn't make it into the original release!
- Fight Dr. Eggman's creations, including the terrifying Mecha Sonic
- Obtain all the Chaos Emeralds to transform into Super Sonic and Super Knuckles!
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
- PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
- SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game.
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
"Without doubt, it's SEGA's best game ever." [96%] - Stuart Clarke, Mega Zone #25 (December 1992)
"Faster, slicker, more colourful, louder, bigger, and much, much tougher than the original." [96%] - Julian "Jaz" Rignall, Mean Machines SEGA #2 (November 1992)
"Packs a ton more punch than Bluey's first outing." [94%] - Paul Anglin, Computer & Video Games #132 (November 1992)
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 TRIVIA
- This is the most complete version of Sonic The Hedgehog 2 to date, complete with widescreen, 60FPS action, and a remastered soundtrack!
- This was the first Sonic game to feature the Spin Dash move
- The Master System version was the first game Tails appeared in, although he wasn’t playable!
- Unlike the Mega Drive/Genesis original, you can now fly as Tails!
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 HISTORY
- The game was originally released worldwide in November 1992
- Original developer: Sonic Team & SEGA Technical Institute
- Designer: Hirokazu Yasuhara
- Lead Composer: Masato Nakamura
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information).
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2, SEGA Forever and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and Reviews
Super sonic breaks the game 😂
If you get super sonic you can fly through the game without a care in the world besides falling into holes in hill top zone, super sonic is so broken that if you ported sonic 3 and knuckles hyper sonic would destroy the game, but back on topic super sonic is a god, well done if you have all the chaos emeralds and myself included it’s so fun going through the stages as super sonic except for metropolis zone where you can get squashed way to easily with super sonic and hill top zone is also annoying, but super sonic makes all the hard bosses *eyeballs chemical plant zone act 2’s boss and metropolis zone act 3’s boss* super easy (pun intended) but its annoying in metropolis zone because if you go to fast you can squash yourself but besides that really funny and broken😂😂😂 (also you can get super sonic before chemical plant zone)
Btw we all want sonic 3 and knuckles SEGA, make it happen by 2019
Curse you, Sega Forever!
Okay, so I got this a long time ago, and enjoyed it a lot. Sonic 2 is still a great game, and Christian Whitehead ported it really well to mobile.
...huh? You say that they've changed it? And that the port now has rubbish controls, ads, and is generally worse than before?
Oh, for crying out loud, Sega.
Nope. Not updating. I already lost Sonic CD to this, and I won't lose Sonic 2 too. Also, it's a pretty bad way to treat the guy who did this port in the first place by scrapping it for a worse one. Especially when he helped make one of the best games in Sonic history a few months ago.
Overall, it's fine for you to be porting new Mega Drive/Genesis games to mobile, but PLEASE don't touch the ones already on the App Store that are PERFECTLY FINE.
Mighty and Ray please!!!!!
What would be fantastic now that Sonic Mania Plus is out, is if Mighty and Ray were playable in this game, Sonic 1 and Sonic CD.
Also what would be fantastic for mobile devices is a Sonic Mania Runners, imagine that, a Sonic Mania version of Sonic Runners Adventure would be perfect for mobile devices.
With the following playable characters:
Sonic, Amy, Espio, Nack and Metal Sonic.
Tails, Ray, Charmy, Bean and Tails Doll.
Knuckles, Mighty, Vector, Bark and Metal Knuckles.
Then the following stages:
Green Hill and Studiopolis.
Flying Battery and Mirage Saloon.
Lava Reef and Press Garden.
Please Sega and Christian Whitehead, make Sonic Mania Runners for mobile devices, you know it makes sense.
Also please release Sonic 3 and Knuckles Remastered with Mighty, Ray, Classic Amy, Shadow, Silver and Metal Sonic as new playable characters, that would be a dream come true!!!!!
If the soundtrack is causing legal issues, then please release it with different soundtrack, it can’t be that hard.
Keep up the good work!!!!!
- Sega America
- 163.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG and SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2 are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade £1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.