SonoPad is the first full fledged third party alternative Sonos remote control available for your iPad.
Watch on YouTube: http://youtu.be/QkGSuzPP9dk
Also don't miss my new App "SonoPhone" for iPhone!
Read below about
- a new intuitive and elegant User Interface
- integrated browser for fast information retrieval
- less taps for common tasks
- and current limitions (don't skip them ;) )
or come over to my homepage www.sonopad.com with much more information and screenshots available.
This application is not endorsed by or associated with Sonos, Inc. (which is why it is not free)
◆◆◆ a new intuitiv and elegant user interface ◆◆◆
- SonoPad focusses on the main tasks in its user interface, making it less cluttered and easier to find your way around
- don't hide your covers in a small area, SonoPad give big room to show show your gorgeous covers all the time
- drag and drop zone management
- a classic dark theme for all those who can't stand blue anymore
- volume + progress popups: when changing volume or progress of a song, you get popups telling you the actual values. Stop guessing your desired values today!
- screensaver mode
◆◆◆ integrated browser for fast information retrieval ◆◆◆
- SonoPad knows what you are playing, the web knows even more
- pregenerated links and searches based on your playlist: you are just a tap away from Wikipedia, Lyrics search, Tourdates Search, Last.FM, YouTube, AllMusic, MusicBrainz and many more.
◆◆◆ less taps for common tasks ◆◆◆
SonoPad tries to optimize most often used tasks to have the least taps needed. In the end you are able to navigate and control your players much more fluently.
- Touch To Play: are you sick of always beeing asked what to do when you tap a track or album? SonoPads default is to just start to play. A long press still gives you access to all options - you can also change the tap default on the settings screen. Want to build a playlist fast? Just set the default to 'always add to end' and off you go ...
- tap an album cover image and the whole album starts to play immediately
- aggregated search: search results are collapsed into one view, so you see immediately in what category you have the best results, without switching back and forth
- shortcuts to most used functions: on the bottom bar you have shortcut buttons for artist, albums, radio and musicservices. The Radios menu is rearranged so you are only two taps away from your radio favorites from any place.
- you can control the volume of every player directly from the players popup. No need to switch players anymore.
◆◆◆ Limitations ◆◆◆
- all music services except Google Music are supported
- No portrait mode on the main screen yet.
- No playing of music stored on iPad yet
- No options to set alarms or sleep settings
- No support for discontinued WD100 dock
◆◆◆ Other stuff ◆◆◆
- you can start SonoPad with the 'sonopad://' URL from other remote Apps. Its also possible to hand over a return URL and a default player to be selected. Read more about it on my blog!
- SonoPad shows artist names when browsing compilations
- Sonos is registered trademark of Sonos, Inc.
- with version 10.1 Sonos introduced changes to the zone management, which made SonoPad not being able to render synchronized players properly. This version makes SonoPad compatible with Sonos 10.1 firmware version again. Of course backwards compatibility to older Sonos firmware versions is kept.
As always: If anything is not working as you expect don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Most excellent alternative to Sonos's poor software.
Sonos hardware is high quality, reliable and performs very well. Unfortunately their software is severely lacking. Forced constant updates that fail more often than they succeed makes it very annoying to use. Sonos is fully aware of this and does not care. A quick read of their forums clearly shows this, but of course by this point you have already committed a purchase.
Fortunately with sonopad (and sonophone) "you can just use" your stereo equipment when you want. Without all the hassle.
A quick listen is now possible without "you must update the app before your stereo will work"
Excellent product worth every penny for frustration-free use.
After becoming sick and tired of Sonos attitude towards older equipment, particularly making two tablets and a CR100 controller obsolete I was preparing to junk my 5 room system. Then I found this app. It works beautifully and works on older iPads. My Sonos works as I originally paid money for it to do. Excellent app. Terrible Sonos customer care. Buy this app NOW!
After being left unable to use my Sonos system on iOS 9.3.5 by Sonos I found this app that offers a great solution. Just want to say a big thank you to the developers of this app. Great functionality that is easy to navigate and use. Well worth the money, 5 Stars.
- Stefan Hansel Solutions UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- 12.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Danish, Dutch, German
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2012 Stefan Hansel Solutions UG (HB)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.