By Sort Shots Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Shoot. Sort. Share.
Sort Shots allows users to easily find photographs and videos based on user criteria. Rating, Category, Type, Favorites or Date.
Find all of your photos based on a custom search terms, a rating, type or favorites. Reduce your results by adding additional criteria. No need to scroll through all of your photos looking for a photo of your friend. Simply, do a sort based on their name. Click on the photo, upload it to Facebook or Twitter or run a slideshow. Want to see the results based on your ratings – highest to lowest - shake your iPhone. Want the lowest to highest ratings, shake again.
The more criteria you choose the fewer results that will be returned. For example, show photos of my friend ‘Jane’ results in 28 photos. Now, choose a location, for example, Hawaii and only those shots of ‘Jane’ and ‘Hawaii’ are shown.
Sort Shots is perfect for when you want to show photographs but not all of them.
- Intuitive, easy to use interface
- Customized search words
- Add categories such as:
- ‘People’ --> Friends’--> George’,
- ‘Places’ --> ‘Hawaii’--> ‘Honolulu’
- ‘Events’ --> ‘Christmas Day’--> ‘2009’
Or add your own custom categories.
- Add sort terms to photos individually or in groups. For example, add the term ‘Hawaii’ to a number of photos or categorize each photo one at a time.
- Sorts can be based on one or more criteria including:
- Type (i.e. photos, videos or both)
- Save your sort criteria for quick reference
- Upload photos to Twitter, Facebook or send an e-mail.
- Create an impromptu slideshow with music from your library.
Check out the website for additional information including videos on how effective Sort Shots is to sort and share your photos.
It's a start at least....
Rather disappointed with this, shame as been hunting for an app that sorts photos. If there was a decent one I'd buy an iPad as it'd be great for viewing all my thousands of pics. From my searches online there are others thinking similar, so money to be made. This app basically does the sort of thing I'm after but has key flaws:
Adding photos is way too slow, manually one at a time. Why not bulk options?
Date for sorting is date added to sort shots, not date taken why can't it read this and other file info?
Adding pics to categories is too slow, right idea though. Need multiple selections a ability to define buttons on the screen so can do with one tap. Be plenty of room on iPad version for this. I don't want facebook and twitter buttons given priority, the app is to sort shots!
So won't be using it again as is, but it could be developed into an excellent app for those with loads of pics.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Released: 11 December 2009
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 0.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Beanheads Consulting Inc.
- © 2009 Sort Shots Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch (2nd generation), iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPod touch (5th generation).