SoundCloud - Music & Audio
By SoundCloud Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SoundCloud lets you hear more music & audio.
Find new and trending music. Collect tracks and playlists. Follow friends and artists. Discover podcasts, comedy and news.
Wherever you are. Whatever you’re doing. The SoundCloud app lets you hear more.
More hip hop. More rock. More electronic. More classical. More house, jazz, audiobooks, sports…
- Explore Trending Music and Trending Audio feeds
- Search directly for tracks, artists and other users
- Create & listen to playlists
- Shuffle your likes and playlists
- Follow friends and artists to hear what they share
- Browse tracks by genre
- Listen to your stream wherever you are using WiFi or data
- Play, pause and skip tracks from the lockscreen
- Login or register with Facebook and Google+
- Anonymous listening: download the app and play popular songs or audio without creating an account
It’s easy to dive straight in and start discovering music & audio.
Try the Explore section to find trending music & audio of just about every genre you can think of.
As you explore, tap the heart to ‘like’ and save your favorites for later playback.
The Search page lets you find your favorite tracks, and artists. Follow their profiles so you can listen to the new music they post in your Stream.
Find out more on http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/topics/110297-mobile-apps/articles
PRAISE FOR SOUNDCLOUD
“SoundCloud is focused on building out a massive trove of content, weaving it all into the Web and making it easier to share. The “YouTube for audio” analogy looks increasingly apt, especially if its metrics continue to shoot skyward.” - ReadWrite
“SoundCloud is a sharing machine. Remember the early days of audio online — when you had to download the Real Player or Windows Media Player to listen? The days of downloading before listening are over.” - USA Today
“It's an evolution of audio's most vital self-service creation and discovery platform, music's best analogue to Twitter, YouTube, and Kindle Direct Publishing. It's not just finding or sharing songs or podcasts or spoken-word readings your friends may be listening to — it's finding and sharing the people who make those recordings, too.” - The Verge
Like what you hear? Let us know, and share your discoveries with the world.
SoundCloud Blog: http://blog.soundcloud.com
The more you tell us, the better SoundCloud gets.
Your privacy is really important to us. We only ask for the permissions we need for the app to be at its best.
For more information, read http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/1575188-what-permissions-are-required-to-download-the-app
If you have any more questions get in touch with us - see the help section.
This app is available in English, Spanish & Portuguese.
What's New in Version 3.11.0
With this update, we bring Spotlight to iOS. Spotlight enables creators with a pro subscription to pin up to 5 tracks or playlists to the top of their profile.
Great platform, poor app
I'm a long term SoundCloud user, going on about 5 years, and while the platform itself is brilliant, the app is considerably underdeveloped. There's been very little innovation since the last major update on the interface. SoundCloud has the opportunity to be a really powerful discovery tool given its open platform and open minded user base, but I have no way of finding music based on my likes other than endlessly scrolling through my feed - an incredibly blunt instrument. Here's a list of features that have been sorely lacking for years:
- allow users to search by hashtag (if not searchable, what's even the point of hashtags?!)
- allow users to filter the feed or search, either by hashtag, artist, key word, upload date
- offer a suggested music section based on my likes. The logic could simply be based on other users' likes who have liked some of the same tracks as me (this would be huge and could rival Apple Music's features)
- improved artist/uploader pages allowing them to share what they are listening to at the moment
- wrap text on search results so that the full name of tracks displays in search (come on guys, this is so basic)
- show upload date. This is such a useful feature of SoundCloud, helping the user understand what is new and what's not, yet it's omitted in the iPhone app. Why?!
What is the app for?
When making an app, a good question to start with is: what is this app for?
With soundcloud one might assume it is geared to play music.
It isn't really...
First of all, half the time, the app thinks i have a larger screen, maybe an iphone 6. Stuff is off the edge.
The whole screen is a stop/start button, which, means inadvertent stopping of a track all the time (despite the button in the centre). Why tried and tested actual play/stop/prev/next buttons that have worked well since the 1940s aren't deemed good enough here, we may never know.
I don't understand the other buttons, they just seem to be for nervous people to fiddle with whilst playing a track.
The app then starts playing whatever it likes after your chosen song. This is often horrible random music and the feature is unwelcome and seems unstoppable (unless there is a secret preference somewhere?)
I downloaded the app as a recommended song was in soundcloud format. I thought it would tell/show me something about the artist. It doesn't.
So again, what is the app actually for? It is more convenient to listen to music in the browser embed ultimately.
Who am I following?!!
Why can't I see who I'm following on the iOS app? I don't just want to see tracks I've liked, i want to see everyone I'm following in a list. Come on guys, sort it out.
This has gone from a 5 star app to a 3 star app. I'm just a listener, but taking away all the comments and how many plays something has had is a step backwards.
I can now also no longer see the list of who I'm following, this was handy for navigating to older posts. Now you just get the stream in chronological order, unhelpful.
God only knows what the artists who contribute think of the update. Looks they've been screwed.
"If it ain't broken why fix it?"
- Category: Music
- Updated: 04 August 2015
- Version: 3.11.0
- Size: 28.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Developer: SoundCloud Ltd
- © 2015 SoundCloud Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.