By Bose Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SoundTouch™ app from Bose –
Use the SoundTouch™ app to control your SoundTouch™ system from a smartphone or tablet. When connected to a SoundTouch™ system, you can stream music instantly, or explore Internet radio, available music services, and your music library. Personalize the Presets to your favorite music and stations.
• Control your SoundTouch™ system from your smartphone or tablet
• Provides fast access to your favorite music
• Quickly set your preferred music and stations to Presets
• Explore a wide-range of global and local Internet radio stations
• Access the music services available in your region
• Keep track of your recently-played music
• Control one or multiple systems in the home, from any room
• Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to different music in different rooms
What's New in Version 4.0.1
• Enhanced detection of speakers on your network
Does the job, but room for improvement.
I am with other reviewers, we got the whole Bose Airplayer system home and then realised some of the limitations.
It does work in regards it send music and movies to the speakers and it is great being able to control it from some many tablet / mobile devices.
Biggest down fall are twofold the capacity to search when looking within the music collection and being able to stack tracks when sending it to the devises.
Disappointed that even the latest version of the app doesn't work reliably. Music cuts out after about 10 minutes, the speaker needs to be explicitly switched on to wake it up and often rebooted before the app will find it. It is a wifi speaker guys, we should be able to use the controller to wake it up! The speaker still works best using AirPlay from iTunes. I'm sure the developers could do much better than this both with the speaker firmware and the controller.
Great speaker, disappointing app and control
I love the speaker and the sound.. I'd like it even more if it had some eq control. Each update I hope eq may be an option but sadly not.
Frequently my devices won't connect or find the speaker... But not for justifiable reasons... Tonight my iPhone operates it fine, my iPad won't (despite rebooting, and cold starting both). The software on app and speaker are up-to-date.
Overall it could be so good but falls so far short!
- Category: Music
- Updated: 03 February 2014
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 5.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Bose Corporation
- © 2013 Bose Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.