Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Spaceward Ho! is a strategic game of awesome scope. You control the entire military and economy of a spacefaring race. Your goal: explore and colonize the galaxy.
Unfortunately, you are not alone. Alien enemies bent on galactic conquest will oppose your expansion. You fight them by developing new technologies and expanding your empire, or you can ally with them to turn enemies into friends.
Terraform newly discovered worlds or mine their natural resources. Maneuver your starship fleets, both in defense of your own systems and in offensive strikes against the evil aliens. Your strategic decisions will determine the fate of the galaxy.
Based on the original Mac/PC/Palm game and updated for iOS.
For new players, read the Help file and also watch the tutorial video online. Please contact us on Twitter @SpacewardHo or Our Website, or send us email.
What's New in Version 1.2.5
- Fixed Crash with large galaxies
- Fixed Crash with Multitouch after initial transition
- changed style of the message window
- No more toggle text on players sidebar when they are eliminated
- Display warning when building more than 10 scouts or tankers.
- Play "tick" sound when you drag to a planet
- Scroll the sidebar when you select a planet
- Disable auto play when showing a battle (should prevent some crashes)
- Fix Problem where menu couldn't be selected
It shows what a long way that Apple has come in expanding its user base that this game is not topping the app store rankings: how could any one that played it on System 7 or before resist downloading?
However, it shouldn't be restricted to veterans - it is an excellent iOS game in its own right.
This takes me back to days of old. It really is as good as the original. All it needs it multi-user play and it would be awesome. Simple to play with great sound effects. Thanks
Lazy not to include multiplayer
They said multiplayer was coming....they lied! How hard can it be - it's turn based and the old game had it. Come on lazy boys- or are are you just banking the cash? Still a solid one player but what a dreadful wasted opportunity!
- Category: Games
- Updated: 05 December 2013
- Version: 1.2.5
- Size: 22.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, Turkish
- Developer: Christopher Cotton
- © Delta Tao Software and Ariton
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.