Spanish Translator and Dictionary - SpanishDict
By Curiosity Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SpanishDict is the leading Spanish translator, dictionary, and conjugator trusted by more than 10 million people each month.
“The best free Spanish dictionary available in the app store!” Featuring the highest quality Spanish-English dictionaries, an interactive Spanish Word Game, a handy Spanish Phrasebook for translation with audio pronunciation, and a Spanish Word of the Day. Use it as a handy reference tool and translator or as a fun way to learn new words in Spanish.
• Spanish English Dictionary
- Full Spanish-English dictionary with examples, regional usage, and contextual information.
- Much faster than dictionary apps that require an Internet connection to lookup words.
- Words are autosuggested as you type.
- Audio pronunciations for dictionary entries available in-app (internet connection required).
- Full conjugation tables for all tenses now available for thousands of verbs.
- Irregular verb conjugations are highlighted in red.
- Three separate in-app translators (internet connection required).
- Simply type the phrase that you want translated and receive three translations.
• Word Game
- Challenge yourself with our fun Spanish word game and learn new words at all levels of Spanish difficulty.
- Audio pronunciations (available offline) introduce a word.
- Your job is to select the correct translation.
- The more translations you correctly choose, the more difficult the words become.
- Warning: the game is surprisingly addictive.
• Talking Spanish Phrasebook
- Features over 700 common Spanish words and phrases.
- Each entry includes a text translation and an audio pronunciation (available offline) in Spanish.
- Indispensable reference tool.
- Like your own personal translator while traveling in Spanish-speaking countries.
• Word of the Day
- Learn a new Spanish word each day!
- "A challenging word game to help you improve your Spanish."
- A quick and fun vocab lesson.
- Push notifications conveniently send you the new words.
- Easily turn off notifications in the Word of the Day settings.
- Keep track of Spanish words you are learning with the Favorites feature.
- E-mail yourself your Favorites list at any time with one click.
We hope you enjoy the app. Be sure to leave a positive feedback rating and tell your friends if you like it. And as always, good luck with your Spanish!
What's New in Version 4.6
Added 8,000 high quality dictionary entries.
Enabled copy and paste for dictionary entries.
Fixed playing of audio for all entries.
Fixed crash when searching for a phrase without an internet connection.
One of the best Spanish apps
This app is amazing. Very easy to use and very informative. Not only offering all conjugations but lots of examples of how to use each one. One of the best features is the translate, which allows you to translate really long pieces of text rather than the odd word. Also if you sign up to receive emails you get a 'word of the day' with example uses. Let's face it, if you only learn one word a day that would be 365 additional words in your vocab!
Absolutely brilliant to have this beside me when reading a novel for my Spanish class. Thank you! What would make it even better for me would be automatically to be able to save all the words and translations into a list which could then turn into a test a couple of weeks later. But that's a lot to ask.
Must have app!
This app is really quite impressive. It's free, easy to use, and I LOVE being able to use it offline as I'm currently travelling Mexico and don't have data. Being able to favourite words and then go back and learn them later is extremely useful. I doubt I'll ever travel with a hard copy Dictionary again.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 19 October 2015
- Version: 4.6
- Size: 117 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: Curiosity Media, Inc.
- © 2015 Curiosity Media, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal£2.29