Spanish Translator and Dictionary - SpanishDict
By Curiosity Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SpanishDict is the leading Spanish translator, dictionary, and conjugator trusted by more than 10 million people each month.
“The best free Spanish dictionary available in the app store!” Featuring the highest quality Spanish-English dictionaries, an interactive Spanish Word Game, a handy Spanish Phrasebook for translation with audio pronunciation, and a Spanish Word of the Day. Use it as a handy reference tool and translator or as a fun way to learn new words in Spanish.
• Spanish English Dictionary
- Full Spanish-English dictionary with examples, regional usage, and contextual information.
- Much faster than dictionary apps that require an Internet connection to lookup words.
- Words are autosuggested as you type.
- Audio pronunciations for dictionary entries available in-app (internet connection required).
- Full conjugation tables for all tenses now available for thousands of verbs.
- Irregular verb conjugations are highlighted in red.
- Three separate in-app translators (internet connection required).
- Simply type the phrase that you want translated and receive three translations.
• Word Game
- Challenge yourself with our fun Spanish word game and learn new words at all levels of Spanish difficulty.
- Audio pronunciations (available offline) introduce a word.
- Your job is to select the correct translation.
- The more translations you correctly choose, the more difficult the words become.
- Warning: the game is surprisingly addictive.
• Talking Spanish Phrasebook
- Features over 700 common Spanish words and phrases.
- Each entry includes a text translation and an audio pronunciation (available offline) in Spanish.
- Indispensable reference tool.
- Like your own personal translator while traveling in Spanish-speaking countries.
• Word of the Day
- Learn a new Spanish word each day!
- "A challenging word game to help you improve your Spanish."
- A quick and fun vocab lesson.
- Push notifications conveniently send you the new words.
- Easily turn off notifications in the Word of the Day settings.
- Keep track of Spanish words you are learning with the Favorites feature.
- E-mail yourself your Favorites list at any time with one click.
We hope you enjoy the app. Be sure to leave a positive feedback rating and tell your friends if you like it. And as always, good luck with your Spanish!
What's New in Version 4.2
- Native iPad version of app now available
- Bug fixes
- New background images
Great app and layout - occasionally missing words though
The app works brilliantly and is my first choice for looking up words especially for how it explains all the contexts for each word. The only drawback is sometimes words I am looking for (especially from my recent trip to Spain I noticed it) are occasionally not in there....but are on their website? Odd. But a first class app otherwise.
UPDATE: love the native iPad app. Very happy to see that released.
The speed of the pronounciation is too fast! The writing is to small considering it is an app for an IPad. Use the space available!!!
Don't they bother testing these things before putting them out there? These are the basics. It is a learning app so a learner has to be able to clearly hear what is being said and that involves the speech being slower. Not rocket science!
Sometimes I feel as if the speed is so fast the words are chopped off at the end.
Great little app use it loads. Only one little complaint though I wish the speech could be slowed down a little so that we could pronounce the words better. Still very good though :-)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: 05 March 2015
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 72.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Curiosity Media, Inc.
- © 2015 Curiosity Media, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal£2.29