Speak it! Text to Speech
By Future Apps Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing Speak it! 2, the most advanced text to speech solution in the App Store!
Have Speak it read your emails, favorite news articles, documents and more while you exit the app and do other things with your iDevice!
All this on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad for an unbelievable price!
Future Apps presents Speak it!, the highest quality text to speech App available for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and now iPad! Speak it! utilizes the same voice synthesis engine that has made our iSpeak translator apps such a great hit. The text to speech engine is so powerful, it reproduces speech which is clear and natural sounding.
Copy emails, documents, web pages, PDF files, and more; paste them into Speak it!, and have the text spoken back to you with the highest quality text to speech engine available anywhere. You can even create the same quality audio files of the text to speech which can then be emailed to anyone you like! Need an elegant way to make announcements over your PA system? Speak it! can do that too. You can easily set up a list of pre-made announcements, and play them with a press of a button. You can even use Speak it! as a fun way to prank your friends! Speak it! is your own custom soundboard, with endless phrases and possible uses.
We have also realized in the past year there has been a growing disability community using Speak it! We would like to thank those users for supporting Speak it!, and for all the incredible feedback we have received. Speak it! 2.0 has new features just for these users including landscape mode, ability to change font size, and much more coming in future updates!
• Easy to use interface: simply enter the text you want to say, and press the “Speak it! button
• Four high quality voices are included: American Male, American Female, British Male, British Female
• NEW! Highlights words as they are spoken
• Ability to create audio files and email them
• Save as many phrases as you would like, and easily repeat them later
• Pause and resume speech playback
• Change the volume, as well as the speed of spoken text
• Change the font size of the text field
• Speak it! Store, where you can download 20 new voices
• Designed to be used while on a phone call
• Localized for French, Italian, German, and Spanish
*MacWorld Review (11/22/10) 4.5/5 mice!
What's New in Version 2.6
-back end changes in preparation for iSpeak 3.0 (Yes! iSpeak 3.0 is actually coming soon)*
-fixed an issue where saved audio files would not play
-many bug and compatibly fixes
*Due to the large update for the voice engine and architectural changes for iSpeak 3.0, any additional voices you purchased are no longer compatible with this version of Speak it!. Simply visit the Speak it! Store inside your app to restore your previous purchases, and download the new voice files free of charge.
Thank you for you understanding, and get ready for iSpeak 3.0!
No good for iPhones. Great for iPad
Works a treat on iPads (I would give it 5stars). On an iPhone however it's almost useless (1 star). I gave it 3 to average it out (sadly there isn't a 2.5 stars option!).
Anyway, the software needs a massive improvement on iPhone. Basically once you have typed your words you want it to speak.... To then make it speak you have to turn the iPhone 90 degrees (from portrait to landscape or vice versa) in order to access the "speak it" button. You have to do this EVERY single time you type something. Which isn't practical. I've just had voice surgery and can't speak for a fortnight so will have to find an alternative app for my iPhone.
PLEASE PLEASE fix this in a future update
Excellent app. Is it possible to do an iPhone 5 update, as it's still showing small on iPhone 5 screen n I keep missing the 'space' bar as its higher up on screen. I use this app everyday and it would be mint if you could update please!
Easy and functional, but ...
Very helpful and functional, I just wish there were more export options other than .aiff files, which have limited compatibility and not all iOS converters can make use of them. How about being able to export in .MP3 format, or even .wav?
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 05 February 2013
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 233 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Developer: John Stefanopoulos
- © Future Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Rachel: British Female Voice£0.79
- Peter: British Male Voice£0.79
- Klaus: German Male Voice£0.79
- Bruno: French Male Voice£0.79
- Antonio: Spanish Male Voice£0.79
- Vittorio: Italian Male Voice£0.79
- Laura: American Female Voice£0.79
- Mehdi: Arabic Male Voice£0.79
- Alice: French Female Voice£0.79
- Julie: French Female Voice£0.79