By Special iApps C.I.C.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Special Stories you can easily create your own stories, visual schedules and wonderful memories, with your own text, images and sound.
An invaluable app for visual learners, to promote language acquisition, word, picture and sound recognition, speech and sight-reading. Used worldwide to create social stories.
What parents and professionals say:
“I utilise social stories for teaching positive behaviours and unlearning negative behaviours. Special Stories will now give my social stories more life with an even greater personalised meaning to my students” – Frances, Teacher.
“My three year old daughter has Down syndrome and I have been struggling to make her picture. This app is amazing: I made a ten page ‘all about me’ story in under ten minutes and she loves it. I highly recommend this easy to use app. It is brilliant!” – Debbie, Parent.
Ideal for use at home, preschool, school and in therapy sessions such as SALT and occupational therapy.
Children and young adults with additional needs often need visual instructions and guidance with social skills. Special Stories allows you to lessen the stress by using familiar images and your own words and voice to ensure they are prepared for social situations.
Special Stories is widely used for:
• Making photo albums about holidays, trips, and other events
• Improving reading skills
• Encouraging development of spoken language skills
• Creating talking books
• Helping with social skills
• Explaining step-by-step tasks
• Practising foreign language skills
• Sharing information between home and school
• Sharing news with distant family and friends
• Organising stories into collections to create a personal library
The possibilities are endless. You can easily add photos of places, people, objects or even your child’s artwork, to create unique and wonderful books to keep and share.
This app has an extensive range of sharing options:
• Copy content to and from the Special Stories app on another phone or tablet
• Exchange stories using AirDrop, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, email, Dropbox or Google Drive
• Open in iBooks (with sound), print stories directly or send as PDF
• Transfer content to and from our Special Words app, to extend the learning process
The app includes a quick start guide in 17 languages, including English, Spanish, Dutch and German, but the app can be used to create stories in any language.
Special iApps is a multi-award-winning nonprofit social enterprise that specialises in creating apps for those with learning disabilities and additional needs.
What's New in Version 2.7.2
• New language: Russian
• Bug fixes
- Category: Education
- Updated: 21 April 2017
- Version: 2.7.2
- Size: 36.3 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Developer: Special iApps C.I.C.
- © 2011-2017 Special iApps C.I.C.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.