Visualise, in real time, the frequencies that you can hear around you and even those you cannot. SpectrumView provides a high-quality, real-time spectrogram and spectrum analyser display, with a configurable sample rate and frequency resolution for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. You can use this application to measure the highest tones you can sing, obtain visual feedback of the frequencies in your speech, identify an annoying sound, calibrate musical instruments and all sorts of acoustic analysis.
· *NEW* Refresh Spectrogram. Allows users to refresh the spectrogram so that it clears the spectrogram that had already been displayed.
· *NEW* Change min and max scale. Allows users to set their own minimum and maximum scale value on the spectrogram and spectrum analyser view, in both linear and log scale.
· *NEW* Set Recording filename. Recording filenames are editable and the suffix can be set to have an incremental value or date/time.
· *NEW* Access recordings and snapshots using the "Files" app. To ease the complicated process of accessing recordings and data snapshots using iTunes, all the data can be easily accessible using the "Files" app that is available from iOS 11.
· Web File Transfer. Allows you to access your files from another device using a web browser.
· Logarithmic scale. Allows you to set either linear or logarithmic frequency scales in the Spectrogram and Spectrum Analyser views
· Peak hold. Allows you to freeze and hold the peaks of the frequency envelope (three holds in three distinct colours) in Spectrum Analyser mode
· Save location. Never forget where a clip was recorded – uses the devices location services
· Auto lock disabled. During playback and recordings auto lock is disabled to prevent the device from automatically locking (if enabled), for uninterrupted recording/playback
· Multiple selectable sample rates from 8,000 Hz to 48,000 Hz
· High-frequency resolution with configurable signal analysis window lengths or Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) orders.
· Sound intensity represented using a colour spectrum scale from -96 dBFS to 0 dBFS.
· Frequency Pinch-to-Zoom. Allows you to zoom into the frequency space to look at a specific tone or frequency.
· Recording and Playback of Audio Files. Provides a fully functional audio recorder that allows you to record, pause and play back files in high-quality, uncompressed, wave format.
· Tap Data Cursor. Allows taps on any part of the Spectrogram or Spectrum Analyser display to obtain the exact frequency in Hertz (Hz) and level in decibels (dB) at that point.
· Musical Notes or Frequency Display on Tap. Selectable frequency or musical pitch notation to obtain the cent-accurate musical note e.g. A4 (22), when the display is tapped.
· Live Spectrogram and Spectrum Analyser Views of Recorded Files. Files recorded can be played back and the Spectrogram and Spectrum Analyser modes can be used to review the audio.
· Sharing Recorded Files by Email or iTunes File-sharing.
· High Quality Screenshots.
· Soundcloud support. Audio files can be uploaded to or downloaded from Soundcloud as well as being able to post audio to facebook.
· Playback from iTunes library. Files can now be analysed directly form the iTunes library.
· Fullscreen mode. Hide the menu at the bottom of the screen to get even more of the screen dedicated to frequency analysis.
· Selectable spectrogram colour scales. You can now select one of 7 colour scales for your spectrogram.
· Selectable window functions. You can now see the window function options provided.
· Apply gain. A maximum of 24dB gain can be applied to make ‘hard to see’ details easier to view.
· Open In. Audio files can be directly opened in SpectrumView. View files sent by email directly in SpectrumView.
New features in 2.3
* iPhone X compatible user interface
* Ability to refresh spectrogram during recording and playback
* Ability to set the minimum and maximum scale value of spectrogram and spectrum analyser view (in both linear and log scale)
* Ability to set recording filename - recording filename can now have incremental suffix or date/time suffix
* File names of image snapshots and data snapshots that are generated from playback are named according to the playback filename which makes it easier to identify the file.
* Ability to access all the recordings, image snapshot and data snapshot from "Files" app (available from iOS 11)
* Updated to latest SDK and fixed user interface issues
* iOS 9.0 and above compatibility issues addressed (including file open issue)
Ratings and Reviews
Superb tool and vary useful.
I’ve been using this tool to help balance the sound on my Home Cinema System. It does a great job.
Thank you :)
Helped me identify the low pitched electrical sound that has been bothering me at night. Great app
Great app for v1.0...
It's great that this is being offered for free.
Love the ability to change the FFT size and sample rate.
It would benefit from an auto read out of the highest amplitude frequency on the Spectrum Analyser (with the ability to highlight the range for analysis of that readout, or High Pass Filter the read out's data). This would help to identify the predominant frequency (but allow you to ignore, say a low rumble).
It would be good also to be able to adjust the colour range for the spectrogram. Perhaps drag the "Scale" in order for it to display something useful in quiet environments. Or have an "Auto Range" button which samples the sound for, say, 2 seconds and then sets the "red" amplitude to just below what it has just measured.
Having said that, what this does it does very well and will be a keeper on my 3GS :D Nice one!!!
- Oxford Wave Research Ltd.
- 19.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (C) 2017 Oxford Wave Research Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Enable pinch to zoom £1.99
- Enable Log Scale £1.99
- Enable peak hold £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.