By Tamtris Web Services Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Spell That! will help your child learn to spell using an innovative educational method and the technology now available on your mobile device. Spell That! uses a combination of sensory feedback and sequences to reinforce the learning. The focus of the App and its learning path is to provide short and intense learning sessions and avoid any distraction or loss of focus during these learning moments.
Spell That! is particularly well adapted to children with short attention span, writing difficulties and/or some aspects of dislexia.
Bug Report, contact and suggestion:
Learning Path - How to use Spell That! with your child/student.
The App allows the parent/tutor/educator to configure a set of spelling exercises that the student can follow at his or her own pace. Each exercise uses a combination of tactile as well as auditory feedback to reinforce the knowledge acquired.
The typical usage is as follows:
1. The parent/tutor/educator sets up the word list for the week on the application using a familiar voice to record each word.
2. The child/student practices the words in short but intense sessions.
3. Once the selected words have been practiced through the App learning path, the parents/tutor/educator assesses the progress and learning via a simple written spelling test. Words not fully learned can be reworked on, always in short sessions through the week.
* Record/Edit word list with your own voice
* Practice words using the Spell That! method and learning path
* Follow progress
* Backup/Restore your word list
* Online version when a mobile device is not available
* Online management of word list
Spell That! App website: http://SpellThatApp.com
What's New in Version 1.0.3
-Recording level fix
Thank you so much for creating this application and for making it free :) feedback from an 8 year old: really fun because you can practice your words but not like homework which is really boring. Because it is a game, it sounds like fun and it is fun.
I am 12 and have problems with my spelling and this app really helped me so I recommend it
- Category: Education
- Updated: 31 October 2011
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Tamtris Web Services Inc.
- © 2010 Tamtris Web Services Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.