Spelling Notebook Free
By Ako Software Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create a personalized list of words to practice. Test your spelling - hear each word spoken. Get a star for each correct word. Practice just the words you have yet to master. Retest your words at anytime. Students can practice their words independently.
Originally designed to be a replacement for a student's spelling notebook which lists words to be learnt for school each week. Unlike a paper notebook, SpellingNotebook can speak each of the words to enable testing and practice without seeing the written word. SpellingNotebook contains a full searchable spelling dictionary so that words can be added directly to the student's word list, minimizing entry errors.
* Makes spelling practice fun (UK)
* So fun!!!! This is a great app for kids and adults! (US)
* This app is awesome I have a spelling test coming up and I can spell every word correctly thanks to this app!!! (US)
* Great App!!! Whole class uses it!! (Australia)
Spelling Notebook features:
* Students can practice independently
* More than 100,000 words - add new words to the built in spelling dictionary when needed
* Spelling Notebook has a built in voice that can say all words in its extensive dictionary and any new english words added
* Optionally Record your own voice for the word you want to practice. You can record just the word, or even a whole phrase to help you recognize which word to spell.
* Multiple English regions: UK, US, Canada, Australia and NZ
* Earn a star for correct words
* Keep multiple word lists
* Edit word lists: add or delete words, add or delete an entire word list, rename your list
* Import words from one wordlist into another
* Words are selected from an extensive dictionary - minimizing entry errors
* Help available in app to guide and support
* Word list Copy and Paste
* History of Word list tests and practice
* Email test results
The built-in spelling dictionary is automatically selected by region. For countries outside US, Canada, Australia and NZ, the UK spelling dictionary is selected.
Note that recording your words on iPod touch models prior to the 4th generation requires an external microphone. The record button will prompt you if Spelling Notebook detects that no microphone is available.
See our website for online help that includes more screenshots.
Recommended Ages: All, Kids
Categories: Education, Productivity, Apps for Kids
What's New in Version 2.8
Thanks for your feedback and suggestions!
* Bug fixes
My son is dyslexic and this app is amazing for his spelling tests each week and because you can record, if he has French or definitions to learn you can record those in too. A great tool for any child but especially if they have dyslexia.
Great spelling app
My son seems to love repeating the test that school have set him each week in this format. If you aren't happy with the American accent you can record your own
Perfect for the weekly spelling test.
Would have had 5 stars if there had been UK audio.
But otherwise great. No gimmicks, no distractions. Simple app to practice and then do spellings.
Kids love it, and get 10/10.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 24 July 2014
- Version: 2.8
- Size: 17.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Ako Software Limited
- © 2011 Ako Software Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Offer Free£0.79