Spelling Notebook Free
By Ako Software Ltd.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Create a personalized list of words to practice. Test your spelling - hear each word spoken. Get a star for each correct word. Practice just the words you have yet to master. Retest your words at anytime. Students can practice their words independently.
Originally designed to be a replacement for a student's spelling notebook which lists words to be learnt for school each week. Unlike a paper notebook, SpellingNotebook can speak each of the words to enable testing and practice without seeing the written word. SpellingNotebook contains a full searchable spelling dictionary so that words can be added directly to the student's word list, minimizing entry errors.
* Makes spelling practice fun (UK)
* So fun!!!! This is a great app for kids and adults! (US)
* This app is awesome I have a spelling test coming up and I can spell every word correctly thanks to this app!!! (US)
* Great App!!! Whole class uses it!! (Australia)
Spelling Notebook features:
* Students can practice independently
* More than 100,000 words - add new words to the built in spelling dictionary when needed
* Spelling Notebook has a built in voice that can say all words in its extensive dictionary and any new english words added
* Optionally Record your own voice for the word you want to practice. You can record just the word, or even a whole phrase to help you recognize which word to spell.
* Multiple English regions: UK, US, Canada, Australia and NZ
* Earn a star for correct words
* Keep multiple word lists
* Edit word lists: add or delete words, add or delete an entire word list, rename your list
* Import words from one wordlist into another
* Words are selected from an extensive dictionary - minimizing entry errors
* Help available in app to guide and support
* Word list Copy and Paste
* History of Word list tests and practice
* Email test results
The built-in spelling dictionary is automatically selected by region. For countries outside US, Canada, Australia and NZ, the UK spelling dictionary is selected.
Note that recording your words on iPod touch models prior to the 4th generation requires an external microphone. The record button will prompt you if Spelling Notebook detects that no microphone is available.
See our website for online help that includes more screenshots.
Recommended Ages: All, Kids
Categories: Education, Productivity, Apps for Kids
What's New in Version 2.8.3
Thanks for your feedback and suggestions!
* Bug fixes
Really helps with learning tricky spellings. It has the audio loaded on it so you don't have to record the audio if your out and about. It has a big dictionary so you can browse for words. Simple but very effective!
I'm a child and this app is so useful to me. You can use it for so much more than spelling and I use this for revision as you can add the your own words. You don't have to watch adds while using it and it never crashes. I find the voiceovers useful and if I'm revising languages I can add words and then voice over them in English, this is the best app for anything!!!!!! Must download
If your like me didn't pay much attention at school or your just need abit of help with your spelling! Then this is the app for you I've downloaded a few and this one you want! It's easy too use plus if you want, it will help you along the way with "Tip" so you can't go wrong with it... Too the person who created this App I just wanna say a big Thankyou it's just what I was looking for!! 😄👍
- Category: Education
- Updated: 20 March 2016
- Version: 2.8.3
- Size: 33.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Ako Software Limited
- © 2011 Ako Software Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Offer Free£0.99