Speedo Fit - The Swimming Fitness App
By Active in Time Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Speedo Fit knows every pool in the UK. Find your nearest pool, view live swimming timetables* and join the UK's largest online swimming community
● Set your goals, track your swims and keep motivated with virtual swim challenges.
● Track every swim, monitor your progress and personal statistics.
● Keep motivated by setting yourself a virtual challenge like Escape from Alcatraz or the Baltimore Bay 10K- your pool session will never be boring and repetitive again.
● Track open water and non-pool swims. Every swim counts.
● Join the swimming community - share and compare your progress with friends or swimmers at your local pool.
● Find pools wherever you are with the UK’s most comprehensive source of local swimming pools (including Ireland)
● Check pool opening hours, swim timetables* or pool phone numbers - really useful if you want to avoid the scuba club night!
● Available in English, French & Chinese
*timetables available for many UK pools but not all.
What's New in Version 2.3.0
- Share your swims to friends on Facebook and Twitter
- New swim summary for your last swim with daily and weekly streak stats
- View your entire swim history (and delete swims!)
- Top Tips to help your improve with new technique videos and link to Speedo Fit mobile kit store
- New Help area with frequently asked questions and support info
- Plus full update to make the most of the great new features of iOS7
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with feedback, suggestions or any problems.
A more intuitive design would be nice
After having to go round the houses to record my first swim on this thing I've just found out that clicking on the small circle icon in the top right corner of the main screen also takes you to the 'record a swim' function - though quite why it's a small circle and why the designers thought that would be obvious to users, I'm not so sure.
There's a lot of trial and error involved when you first start using this app, but it lets me keep a track of my swims and tells me how far across the Channel I've swum, which is something I've always wondered about.
Good App but needs the odd tweak
It is actually now becoming better than the old App, but there's one slight flaw.
Some 50m pools can convert into 25m pools by booms that rise and you swim widths. However, it doesn't take account of that so you only get the full pool length option, rather than the 25M option. I know I could put 50% of the lengths in, but it's not truly accurate then. (It's much easier to swim 2000m in a 25m pool than a 50m pool due to having push-offs from turns).
Needs a good app update after TLC
This Speedo App is very annoying as it has the potential to be excellent. Navigation needs a tweak to make it clearer how to post swims. However it's very good with the swimming information at local Pools.
Main gripe is the Social Networking. Speedo it's 2014 the age if the Smartphone and wifi. Why oh Why does the Facebook and Twitter bit not work!!!!
So annoying as posting to your social network accounts gives you the will to improve and share with other and to be competitive. Have a look at the Nike run app they are excellent with Facebook and Twitter.
Has the potential to be good but 6 months between app updates show this as neglected and amateur - fix please!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 05 December 2013
- Version: 2.3.0
- Size: 12.4 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Active in Time Ltd.
- © 2013 Speedo International Ltd/ Active in Time Ltd. All rights reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.