By Terrible Games
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sprite Something is a drawing, animation and tilemap application for pixel artists and game developers. Draw multiple frames individually, then quickly drag and drop frames into an animation, or use your frames to draw tilemaps for your game levels. Export your creations to PNG, animated GIF's and CSV files (tilemaps).
For documentation, visit http://terriblegames.com/spriteSomething to download the Sprite Something Manual.
Sprite Something is also now available on the Mac App Store.
- create spritesheets / tiles for use in games
- edit frames individually and conveniently
- multiple layers for drawing (spritesheets only)
- animation: drag and drop animation frames
- tilemaps: draw using frames to create large maps
- iCloud: sync spritesheets, tilemaps, palettes across all your devices
- Dropbox: Import/Export files quickly and easily to/from your Dropbox account
- Photo Library: Import/Export spritesheets to/from your Photo Library
- GIF export: save and email gif previews of your animation
- HSB/RGB color select
- Recent colors list
- scalable preview to see your pixel work at multiple sizes
- onion skinning for easy tracing or cloning frames
- place photos from your library behind editing area
- add custom GIMP color palettes, or create palettes from your drawings
- assignable three and four finger swipe gestures (changeable in Settings)
- add new or save out your drawings through iTunes
- export via email
- export individual frame images
- optimized for Retina display, iOS 5.0+ compatible, landscape and portrait views
- touch and hold to select color when using pencil, line or fill
- touch the onion skin button once for relative frame difference, twice for locked onion skin frame
- when exporting individual frames, limit exported frames by creating a list of comma separated numbers or number ranges (i.e. 1,3,5-8,12)
Learn tools and tips about Sprite Something: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE9903D1642039E69
Drawing supports PNG files up to 1024x1024, tilemaps up to 200x200.
Follow @mattfox12 on Twitter for latest news. Sprite Something is also available on the Mac App Store.
What's New in Version 2.14
• Merge Layers
• Move All Layers option for Move Tool
• Export to Photo Library exports flattened layers instead of just the current layer
• Animations: Selecting a frame appears correctly centered in iOS 8
• Additional bugfixes
I use spritesomething on a daily basis, it is my goto app to create assets for games. I find it awesome to quickly create on the go. Making sprites on the bus on my mobile the switching to iPad to refine when I'm at home. I love the way I can switch devices and the work I had started is there on the other device. It suits my workflow so well! Can't wait for the new features and hope to see more. I would highly recommend using! As I do at every game jam event I attend, everybody always comes up to me and is amazed I am creating full game sprites and animating them on a mobile device. Keep up the good work! And hope to see more features.
Easy and fun to use. I've been using this app for about 2 weeks and I love it. The only gripe I have is the inability to correct mistakes whilst editing in 'zoomed in' mode. Adding a small floating toolbar would solve this. This is only problem when drawing on the iphone. Other than that it is faultless. Thank you😀
I use Sprite Something a lot, it's excellent. Thank you for the addition of layer merging.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 03 February 2015
- Version: 2.14
- Size: 5.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Terrible Games
- © 2010-14 Terrible Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.