By Amber Books Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
One of the most important as well as one of the bloodiest battles of World War II, the eventual Soviet Victory over Nazi Germany and its allies marked a major turning point in the war on the Eastern Front.
• Watch the detailed map animation, showing the German offensive’s advance into Stalingrad and the Soviet counter-offensive.
• Listen to the audio commentary as you follow the course of the battle.
• Read the historical account of the build-up to the operation, the action itself and the aftermath of the battle.
• View the gallery, including photographs and illustrations of Stalingrad, the soldiers, vehicles and weapons. A locator map pinpoints exactly where it happened and a chart details the opposing forces that took part.
• Try out your knowledge of the attack with the battle quiz.
This is history at hand – one of the major events in world history on your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
What's New in Version 1.5
New universal version - supports iPhone and iPod Touch
I work with a severely autistic student studying GCSE History and on a whim downloaded this app to see if it had any affect on the student's focus and concentration. I can only say that this app surprised me as I have never known the student to be so engaged for the duration of a 100 minute lesson.
Great flashcards with dialogue and a "Read to me" feature along with animated maps was just what we both needed. With the test yourself section the student retained information, keypoints and dates of events that happened and even managed to hit a high score with it.
A great visual aid for learning and easy to use to deliver key questions and learning objective's. Highly recommended
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 18 March 2012
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 43.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Amber Books Limited
- © Amber Books 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.