By Feel Great Publishing Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Massive Sale! Up to 75% discount on all in-app upgrades this Easter! ***
*** Star Chart is now FREE! *** The top educational & augmented reality astronomy app - download and find out why over 12 million people use Star Chart!
You can now have a virtual star chart in your pocket. Look through the eyes of your iPhone or iPad* to see a high-tech window into the whole visible universe.
All you have to do is point your AR enabled device* at the sky and Star Chart will tell you exactly what you are looking at.
Using state of the art GPS technology, an accurate 3D simulation of the visible universe, and a great deal of technical wizardry, Star Chart calculates – in real time - the current location of every star, planet and moon visible from Earth and shows you precisely where they are; even in broad daylight!
Want to know what that bright star is called? Point your device* at it – you might just find out it’s a planet!
Want to know what the night sky looks like to people on the other side of the earth? Well just point your device down!
Want to know where your star sign is in the sky? Star Chart will tell you all this and more.
Star Charts features include:
- Just point and view. When you hold your device up to the sky, Star Chart will automatically start tracking your movements to match the sky *.
- Alternatively, look around the sky using finger gestures – perfect for armchair astronomers!
- In a single app of less than 30MB, Star Chart dynamically scales its visuals and capabilities across all iOS devices to meet the high end capabilities of a retina display iPad while also running smoothly on the earliest iPhones and iPods.
- Accurately depicts all the visible stars of the northern and southern hemispheres - a total of approximately 120,000 stars!
- Fly to and explore all the planets of the solar system, their moons and the sun all rendered in beautiful 3D with state of the art visual effects.
- Using the powerful Time Shift feature, simply tap the time button and smoothly shift up to 10,000 years forward or backward in time.
- Displays all 88 constellations, with constellation imagery based on the beautiful artwork by 17th century astronomer Johannes Hevelius.
- Includes the complete Messier catalogue of 110 exotic deep sky objects.
- Tap on anything in the sky and get the facts on what you are looking at, including distance and brightness.
- Very powerful zoom function, lets you view the sky in extra detail, using intuitive finger gestures.
- Fully configurable. Star Chart displays only the sky objects that you are interested in.
- Allows you to view the sky underneath the horizon. So now you can see where the sun is, even at night!
- Manually set your location to find out what the sky looks like from anywhere in the world.
- Supports dynamic device orientation viewing. Allows you to view the night sky whilst holding your iPhone/iPad* at any angle.
So point your iPhone/iPad* at the sky and see what's out there!
* Augmented Reality mode is available on devices that include a built-in compass. Manual scrolling is supported on all other devices.
Escapist Games will update Star Chart regularly, so please send us your feedback and features requests to email@example.com.
And thanks for all your feedback so far!
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/starchart
Follow Star Chart on Twitter: StarChartApp - twitter.com/StarChartApp
Also follow our latest developments! twitter.com/EscapistGames
What's New in Version 3.73
* Comet Lovejoy added to the Comets pack
* Various bugs fixed including:
- Shader fix for extended planets
Does exactly what it says on the Tin!
Rarely do I use an app consistently when I download it, so when I found that this app worked, I was pleasantly surprised. Now it's my go to app when I'm out and about on a clear night, and now we are in December we have no trouble seeing a plethora of stars in the night sky. The best thing I found about this app is that it is not wifi reliant, only thing they ask is that you have a compass and your good to go! Get this app, it's the perfect aide to stargazing 😃
Best app ever!!!
I think this is the best app ever especially if you love space! It does exactly what it says it does and it's so helpful if you have a telescope because you can see what you are looking at . Not only does it do that but it also updates you on space events that are happening like when the meteor showers are! And what I find most awesome is that you can zoom right into the planets and stars!
Must get it is not a waste of time !!! 👜🌌🌠⭐️🌙🔭
I use this for binocular astronomy and can't recommend it enough! Main features I find indispensible: red night version, turning on or off tracking (for using a static screen), and zoom function so I can use dimmer stars to confirm my sightings. Features like constellation images help newbies too.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 10 December 2013
- Version: 3.73
- Size: 25.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: Feel Great Publishing Limited
- © 2012 Escape Velocity Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Meteor Showers£1.49
- Extended Solar System£0.69
- Extended Star Catalog£1.99
- Enhanced Messier Catalog£1.99
- Enhanced Constellations£1.99