You are the captain of a starship venturing through a massive open universe. Customize your crew and take command at the helm of your very own ship as you explore a galaxy torn apart by internal strife, alien threats, and political intrigue.
Command your ship and crew as a space pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more in Star Traders: Frontiers – an epic space RPG from Trese Brothers Games. Venture forth into a massive open universe, rich with adventure and the lore of the Star Traders. Choose your path by assembling and commanding your custom crew and spaceship in a constantly evolving galaxy torn by internal strife, political intrigue, and alien threats. Will you fly as a pirate terrorizing shipping lanes, join the solar wars as a military captain, or track targets across the stars as a fearsome bounty hunter?
- Explore a rich, open universe: Discover endless procedurally-generated galactic maps, meet unique characters, and take on enemies to conquer the galaxy!
- Become an intergalactic captain: Take on the role of a spy, smuggler, explorer, pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more (26 jobs total)!
- Customize your own spaceship: Choose from more than 350 upgrades and 45 ship hulls to build your very own vessel to venture across the vast reaches of space.
- Assemble and tailor a loyal crew: Assign talents and equip specialized gear for every spaceship crew member.
- Experience an ever-changing narrative: Decide to make friends or foes with other factions and influence political, economic, and personal vendettas.
- Mold the crew by your choices: As you make decisions and set the tone for your ship, your crew will grow and change to match. Destroy enemy ships with all hands on deck and your crew will become more bloodthirsty and savage. Explore distant worlds and loot dangerous wastelands and your crew will become intrepid and clever ... or scarred and half-mad.
- Varied Difficulty Options! play with save slots to try out different builds or storylines or turn on character permadeath and enjoy classic roguelike experience
- Achievement Unlocks: accomplish story and challenge goals to unlock additional optional (but not better) content like new starting ships and new starting contacts
First there was the Exodus – when survivors of a great war left the ruins of the Galactic Core behind in search of a new home in the stars. Scattered worlds were claimed on the fringe of the galaxy. Each pocket of survivors held on to an isolated set of worlds while trying to rebuild under the great law of Shalun. Three centuries later, technology has brought them back together again. Discovery of the hyperwarp has bridged what was once an unimaginable distance between far-flung colonies, long-lost families, and political factions.
With that reunification has come great economic prosperity. The hyperwarp reestablished the transportation of cargo, goods, and technologies between the quadrants – but it has also brought great strife. Political rivalries have been rekindled, blood has been shed in age-old feuds, and the fires of war have been stoked. Amidst the political infighting, a ruthless revolution is rising – and the fervent explorers of the hyperwarp have awoken something that was better left asleep.
Our very first game, Star Traders RPG, took hundreds of thousands of gamers on an interstellar adventure. Star Traders’ success and overwhelmingly positive reception helped to launch Trese Brothers Games. It was the adventures of our community’s star-crossed captains that put us on a trajectory to share more of our worlds, ideas, and dreams.
We set out to capture the loneliness, bravery, and camaraderie of people living together in a spaceship sailing across the stars. It is with great pride that after releasing four other games in the Star Traders universe, we’ve created a sequel to the original Star Traders RPG.
Step onto the bridge of your starship, take to the stars, and create your own story in Star Traders: Frontiers.
- "Xeno Ruins" explorer unique card story vignette can now appear during "Discovery" wilderness zone rumor as well as quadrant "Artifact Find"
- Rebuilt Hyperwarp Navigator Skill progression to add Command as a secondary Skill and bump Tactics to tertiary -- more valuable in defense and escape
- Added new Command Saving Talent for Hyperwarp Navigators at rank 11
- Added new Tactics Saving Talent for Gunners at rank 1
- Tweaked progression of Tactics for Gunner Job to start slower
- Adjusted price, medical rating and jump cost of "Plague Ward" component
- Added important missing description to Combat Medic's "Toxin Terror" and Commander's "Scorn" both cause (10+Skill) Morale Loss
- Fixed bug preventing enemy ship from firing on small craft with certain weapon types
- Fixed issue with "Tip of the Spear" and "Screening Swarm" causing the buffs to be transferred to the capital ship instead of craft
- Fixed bug preventing "Winning Compromise" and other price increasing Talents from firing reliably
- Fixed bug with Commander's "Loyalty Rousing" Talent causing it to heal more Morale than described
- Fixed bug allowing Smuggler's "Slippery Trade" to fire even if Rep loss was 0
- Fixed bug preventing credits display from updating immediately upon selling a ship in Dry Dock
- Fixed missing skill listing in Spice Hall Recruit
Ratings and Reviews
Brilliant space adventurer
Steep learning curve, huge depth, real triumph of a 4x game. Once you’ve maxed out your ship and crew stats/weapons you’re pretty much unstoppable, to the extent that it becomes little more than a clunky, slow, space-themed slightly repetitive fetch and deliver exercise. But even then there’s enough going on here to keep you occupied - definitely weeks of gameplay - making it astonishing value for money compared to much of the thin/slight/pay-to-win stuff so common to iOS games. Buy it, you won’t regret it.
Deep and steep
I’ve been a fan of their games for ages now, and this is probably my favourite so far (TBF is the challenger)
There’s so many variables and it’s not dumbed down to DPS or anything- multiple ways to play makes for lots to explore!
One issue that’s causing me a bit of frustration is the play balancing for combat - it would be great to get more visibility of what influences your stats and capabilities. Mainly because I’m getting regularly pwned in ship combat so I can’t even get started in hard difficulty!
Don’t write many reviews, but I had to for this one, the sheer amount of content in this game is mind boggling, it’s a true AAA strategy game on iOS. Big fan of 4X strategy games, while this isn’t that, I got hooked in the same way as
I have with Civ or Endless Legends. Brilliant game and highly recommended.
- Trese Brothers LLC
- 308.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2011 Trese Brothers
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.