Star Walk™ HD - 5 Stars Astronomy Guide
By Vito Technology Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
No In App purchases necessary! Star Walk is a classic augmented reality tool for identifying stars, planets, constellations, comets, ISS, satellites, star clusters, nebulae and meteor showers in the night sky. Astronomy pictures, widget support and renewing calendar are great for your daily experience.
***Over 8 million users! Winner of Apple Design Award 2010***
Star Walk is the most beautiful stargazing app you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. It will become your go-to interactive astro guide to the night sky, following your every movement in real-time and allowing you to explore over 200, 000 celestial bodies with extensive information about stars and constellations that you find.
Get started quickly
• Launch the app and point your iPhone at the night sky, you'll see the stars, planets, satellites, and constellations in their proper place from your location. As you move your device, the star map updates in real time. The Moon is the easiest first target.
• Tap Augmented Reality icon in the upper right corner to add the image from your camera to your sky view.
• Use Night Mode to go easy on your eyes and preserve night vision when exploring the Universe.
Go deeper and beyond
• Every object you tap has an (i) next to its name, tap it to access information.
• A scale on right is the Time Machine, slide it to explore the map of the night sky of tomorrow or years ago.
• A calendar of celestial events will make sure you never miss anything interesting.
• TelRad will help you find the exact position of an object when stargazing with a telescope.
Share your experience
• Project to a big screen with no picture quality loss. Star Walk is your personal planetarium.
• Explore stunning space pictures in Picture of the Day.
• There is an entire stargazing twitter community within Star Walk - don't miss out!
Duran Duran's keyboard Nick Rhodes mentions Star Walk as his favorite app:
"With the Star Walk app, if you hold your iPod up towards the sky, you can see all the stars and constellations. It even tells you the names of all the planets. Then, if you point it towards the ground, it shows you what all the stars are in the other hemisphere. It’s brilliant, and if you’re ever somewhere with a clear sky and no light pollution, it’s a revelation. It’s beautifully designed and makes clever use of the available technology. I’m fascinated by astronomy, but even if you’re not, give this a go."
What's New in Version 7.0.4
- Optimized for iOS 8
- New widget: time of sunset and sunrise, current moon phase, and list of upcoming astronomy events on your Today screen
To add the new widget, just head to the Today view in your notification center and click Edit. Never miss a cool eclipse again!
I am an occasional observer of the stars. I don't own a telescope as I do not have the time to make good use of it but use a good pair of binoculars.
I have owned Star Walk for over three years and find it invaluable. It is easy to use for a basic search and holding it up and sweeping across the sky allows you to find something interesting to look at.
I would and have recommended it to many people.
Worth your money.
This is the only app I have ever paid for. And it is totally worth it. I do GCSE astronomy, and I find this app extremely useful. It was difficult getting the hang of it, but I know find it fantastic as it provides me with a stunning visual look at the stars. It's ever so factual, and definitely the best astronomy app out there (believe me, I've tried lots!) Whether you are studying astronomy like me, or are just interested, this app will not disappoint!
As promised, here's your five stars
It's perhaps not the very best astronomy app out there, but where it really scores is the gallery, especially the Pic of the Day. And now that the bug that removed landscape support from the first ios8 version has been fixed, it fully deserves five stars again.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 06 November 2014
- Version: 7.0.4
- Size: 86.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Vito Technology Inc.
- © 2009-2013 Vito Technology, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.