StarFront: Collision HD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The best real-time strategy is now at your fingertips! Starfront: Collision HD, the epitome of RTS gameplay with gorgeous HD graphics and a competitive 4-player multiplayer, finally hits the App Store!
Welcome to planet Sinistral, where rare Xenodium crystals are coveted by a human mining conglomerate called the Consortium. However, they are not the only ones after the rare mineral. The Myriad, an indigenous race of aliens, is addicted to Xenodium and will do everything they can to prevent the Consortium from plundering their resources. To add to the chaos, a sentient robot race called the Wardens is trying to turn the war in their favor. Whose side will you choose?
With Starfront: Collision HD, choose from 3 unique but balanced races and deploy your strategy for victory in this battle. Each faction can construct 8 different buildings and over 10 destructive units to build up their base and mount an unstoppable assault on adversaries. Once you’ve mastered the solo campaign, put your skills to the test in exciting multiplayer battles.
THE DEEPEST, MOST BALANCED RTS GAMEPLAY ON iPAD
• At last, an RTS with intuitive touch controls that give you total control over your forces.
• The entire interface has been redesigned for the iPad to ensure a perfectly ergonomic handling of the game.
• Hone your strategy with three different factions - The Consortium, Wardens and Myriad - each with unique tech trees and tactics.
• Complete 20 missions and create your own battles thanks to Skirmish mode.
• Gather resources to build 24 different buildings and recruit 30 different units.
A DEEP AND POLISHED SCI-FI UNIVERSE
• Wage war across five gorgeous environments: ice, badlands, a jungle, an underground reactor and a destroyed alien city.
• Discover the deep and engaging story of a war for resources, told throughout the solo campaign.
• Gaze upon top-notch 3D-rendered environments, buildings and units.
HIGHLY COMPETITIVE 4-P MULTIPLAYER MODE
• Confront your friends in epic and challenging Local and Online Multiplayer battles.
• Choose between 5 multiplayer maps, each corresponding to one of the 5 environments in the game.
• Enjoy unlimited replayability thanks to Multiplayer mode.
• Connect to Gameloft LIVE! 2.0 and compete to rule the leaderboards.
RTS the way it should be played
On seeing the reviews I decided to take the plunge and buy the game, I am glad I did. The game reminds me of the original Starcraft and that can only be a good thing. The graphics are excellent, it is hard (which for me is a good thing, I get bored with easy games). The main thing for me is that this RTS game is setup the way I always thought strategy games should have been, with the touch screen. The controls are intuitive and really seems logical to press on a unit to select then press and empty space to move.
I hope other developers take this example and bring along bigger and greater RTS games to the iPad. If you love these types of games, I think this is the best on the iPad.
Great game. Short but very polished
I was very impressed with game on iPad. Smooth graphics , good audio, descent attempt at story, Variety of single player missions , good controls and easy to use.
My criticisms would be the lack of a strategic and tactical feel to the game. It's mostly a whip up resource production and pump out units game . That may be a little harsh , but comparisons to Starcraft 2 is inevitable and the game lacks a depth on this front.
It could also be a little longer . With the engine and graphics in place I am sure a few more levels would not have been hard to add .
All in all a great iPad 3 game , really enjoyed it :)
Finally - a real RTS for the iOS
Let's not harp on about Starcraft shall we? Yes, Gameloft have used a great game as inspiration (what's wrong with that?), but then no other developer has come close to pushing the limits of mobile gaming in this way over the last couple of years. The campaign isn't huge, but a fully featured multiplayer more than makes up for this. Throw some frankly stunning HD graphics into the mix and slap on a reasonable price tag of £3.99? iOS gaming as it should be done.
I can't speak for iPhone gamers, but If you have an iPad or better still an iPad 2 (like me) and even a passing interest in the RTS genre, this is an essential purchase.
- Category: Games
- Released: 12 May 2011
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 634 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
- Developer: Gameloft
- © 2011 Gameloft. All rights reserved. Gameloft and the Gameloft logo are trademarks of Gameloft in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.