Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
PLEASE CHECK SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO PURCHASE
This game is not supported by iMac and MacBook Pro devices equipped with the following video cards:
Intel GMA 950
The best real-time strategy is now at your fingertips! Starfront: Collision, the ultimate in RTS gameplay with gorgeous HD graphics and a competitive 4-player multiplayer, finally hits the Mac Store!
Welcome to planet Sinistral, where rare Xenodium crystals are coveted by a human mining conglomerate called the Consortium. However, they are not the only ones after the rare mineral. The Myriad, an indigenous race of aliens, is addicted to Xenodium and will do everything they can to prevent the Consortium from plundering their resources. To add to the chaos, a sentient robot race called the Wardens is trying to turn the war in their favor. Whose side will you choose?
With Starfront: Collision, choose from 3 unique but balanced races and deploy your strategy for victory in this battle. Each faction can construct 8 different buildings and over 10 destructive units to build up their base and mount an unstoppable assault on adversaries. Once you’ve mastered the solo campaign, put your skills to the test in exciting multiplayer battles.
THE DEEPEST, MOST BALANCED RTS GAMEPLAY ON THE MAC STORE
• Hone your strategy with three different factions - The Consortium, Wardens and Myriad - each with unique tech trees and tactics.
• Complete 20 missions and create your own battles thanks to Skirmish mode.
• Gather resources to build 24 different buildings and recruit 30 different units.
A DEEP AND POLISHED SCI-FI UNIVERSE
• Wage war across five gorgeous environments: ice, badlands, a jungle, an underground reactor and a destroyed alien city.
• Discover the deep and engaging story of a war for resources, told throughout the solo campaign.
• Gaze upon top-notch 3D-rendered environments, buildings and units.
HIGHLY COMPETITIVE 4-P MULTIPLAYER MODE
• Confront your friends in epic and challenging Local and Online Multiplayer battles.
• Choose between 5 multiplayer maps, each corresponding to one of the 5 environments in the game.
• Enjoy unlimited replayability thanks to Multiplayer mode.
• Connect to Gameloft LIVE! 2.0, chat and compete to rule the leaderboards.
Bad, but has the potential
This game has the potential, but the following points prevent the game from becoming the great game it can be:
- Very weak AI: AI opponent would attack aggressively at the beginning but then would simply give up and wait for you to come and destroy its town. AI does not expand and take control of more resources, nor does it keep attacking you and act like a real opponent. (I tried all difficulties, and my statement stands true: the AI simply gives up if you survive the first few waves of attacks).
- Skirmish mode is a total joke. You cannot customize anything. You cannot increase the number of opponents, or change the game type, etc. All what you can choose is the map, difficulty, your race, the color of clothes, and your opponent's race and colours.
Gets to a point where it is sooo difficult but then maybe that's just down to me. The level I am on requires you to build an army before a certain base is destroyed by the enemy. Sadly by the time you have amassed any sort of significant force they have destroyed the base! This is because their army is pre-existing and has all the bells and whistles in place like mega firepower and ultra armour.
Good game and I love many aspects of it but come on….give us a break. Have sadly lost interest in it due to this unplayability
Very hard very fast
The game is very fun to play and I enjoyed each mission. Up until number 8. This is impossible to win because you never have enough time to build up a strong enough force to defend your allies base. It would be possible if not for the fact that sometimes the enemy willl attack your undefended base rather than the one all your troops are at. This is incredibly irritating. Fun game but not for casual RTS players
- Category: Games
- Released: 28 July 2011
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 2.34 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
- Developer: Gameloft
- © 2011 Gameloft. All rights reserved. Gameloft and the Gameloft logo are trademarks of Gameloft in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later