At Starling, we’ve turned the not-so-great bits of traditional banking into our best to make managing your money fast, easy and free. Apply for a personal, joint or business account and switch seamlessly between each in-app.
Voted Best British Bank and Best Current Account Provider (2018 British Bank Awards)
No more delays
• Apply for a UK current account in minutes, all from your smartphone
• Receive your contactless Mastercard debit card in 3-5 working days
• Add to your Digital Wallet: Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay all available
• See your balance in real time
• Receive instant notifications for income and outgoings
• Contact Customer Support 24/7/365 within seconds
No more admin
• Gain Spending Insights of outgoings by category or merchant
• Settle Up money owed from friends and family by sending in-app requests
• Send money abroad to 37 countries with support for 19 different currencies
• Create Goals to ring fence money for what you’re saving for
• Set up and manage payments, standing orders and direct debits in-app
• Connect to the Marketplace and choose from a range of ever-growing products and services
• Adjust your flexible overdraft in-app and pay one simple interest rate
• Apply for a personal loan in-app
No more fees
• Apply for a personal and/or business account for free
• Travel abroad with zero ATM withdrawal or transaction fees
Safe, secure, protected
• Starling Bank is a member of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme meaning that your money is protected up to £85,000
• Enter the app using passcodes and biometric security including fingerprints and/or face recognition
• Lock your card in-app if lost or stolen within seconds
• Enable/disable contactless payments, ATM withdrawals, online payments and mobile wallet
We’ve also been recommended by Money Saving Expert and featured in TechCrunch, City A.M Wired, Financial Times, Bloomberg, Tech City News and many more.
Starling Bank is registered in England and Wales as Starling Bank Limited (No. 09092149), 3rd floor, 2 Finsbury Avenue, London EC2M 2PP.
We are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 730166.
This week we've made it easier to withdraw money from your Goals. As ever, the Starling app’s been a no-fly zone for bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Award winning banking app
I’ve been an Apple customer for 10 years and never written an app review, because I couldn’t be bothered. Starling Bank has changed my view and I CAN BE BOTHERED NOW because when something is this exceptionally good, seamless, sophisticated, beautiful, slick, clever, immediate, addictive, thoughtful, clear, simple, transparent, customer focused, exciting, special, professional; then they deserve the highest praise for a job well done; I cannot applaud them enough...and I’ve been selling the app bank to anyone that will listen! This truly is the future of banking - I find it hard to believe anyone could write a bad review - do not hesitate to download this app and try this bank for yourself...you will wonder how you ever managed without it! My only minor gripe would be that the marketplace needs more development and more apps need to tie into the Starling banking experience as I do feel like I am missing out here…but this is so minor in comparison to everything else...and I wanted to give the fairest review possible so it didn’t sound like a fake one - it’s not - I’m just so pleased with my decision to be part of this new way to bank and nothing comes close to this kind of new app experience...for me it’s made banking fresh and fun again. I wouldn’t hesitate to award this app 10/10 - it’s not perfect - but it’s very close to it...
I read about this app on moneysavingexpert. I’m a bit of a Martin Lewis devotee and if he says it’s good then why not .... I decided to use it in the first instance as a Travel card. I used to put everything on a Halifax Clarity C/C for the best exchange rate then pay it when I came home. No matter how hard I tried there was always a transaction I forgot about or underestimated. With Starling everything is instant (as long as data roaming is switched on). I absolutely love knowing instantly what my breakfast cost me, my lunch and dinner. It means that the £X limit you set yourself each day whilst travelling can be stuck to without the guess work. The exchange rate was very good and much better than I expected it to be. A pleasant surprise. It really does make holiday budgeting simple. It was accepted everywhere I presented it in Rome, even some of the tiny side stores. When I got home I found I had withdrawal symptoms - yes its a bit addictive. So now I use it as a sweep account and transfer the pennies each day from my other main accounts saving them into the Starling budget accounts for my next trips. There is something very satisfying and rewarding about that ‘ding’ sound as money instantly appears in your account seconds after you confirm a payment. Well done Starling. A great, great product. I absolutely love it.
Customer support slow and inattentive
Opened my account about a week ago. Moved shortly after; went to my profile to update my address. Able to update it but when attempting to save it I got stuck in a loop with the app recurrently asking me to enter my password (even changed it to ensure I wasn’t entering it wrong, with no change). Chatted with customer support, told to phone. They noted my new address but I was later messaged and asked to agree for another soft credit check and to supply them with proof of address. Did so, as well as asked what would happen to funds which I had already initiated a transfer of from another bank into my Starling account. Took a few days before I heard back that the check had been approved and my address updated. Never received a reply regarding my transfer, however my other bank informed me that the transfer had not gone through.
Logged in to check the address - they’d updated it wrongly..tried again to update it myself but same issue when I entered my password. Wrote back early this morning, not yet heard back at the end of the day. In conclusion a slow customer service which is not paying attention to detail nor addressing all concerns raised.
I partly opened this account as I travel frequently; partly because I am fed up with poor customer service. Sadly seems the latter extends to these “modern” banks too.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. We're very sorry for the experience so far and are keen to investigate further. Please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org so we can look into this for you. We're keen to help.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.