Starstrike II (ZX Spectrum)
By Jonathan Needle
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The smash hit follow up to 1984's 3D Starstrike!
NOTE: This game is also available as part of the Spectaculator, ZX Spectrum Emulator app (as an in-app purchase). Spectaculator also includes the other Realtime classics, 3D Starstrike and 3D Tank Duel.
This is the original ZX Spectrum game by Realtime Games Software running under emulation with 100% accuracy.
After the failure of the Outsiders' invasion plans (in STARSTRIKE) the aliens retire to their homeworlds to rebuild their strength. The Federation decides to launch a pre-emptive strike and sends in a new model starfighter, the Starstrike II, piloted by (guess who?) you...
Your task is definitely non-trivial - 22 planets to be neutralised, divided into Agricultural, Industrial and Military categories. Each planet has a control system in charge of the work droids and factories of that world; destroy the control system and the planet is put out of action.
WHAT THE PRESS SAID IN 1986!
"A brilliant game"
- 96% (CRASH Magazine, May 1986)
• Play in portrait or landscape orientations
• Save your game progress (four saved game slots)
• Enter pokes (cheats) for infinite fuel, shields etc.
• Lookup game hints and tips
• Enable the special 'turbo mode' to run the game twice as fast!
• Battle to the top of the Game Center leaderboards!
• Type on a virtual ZX Spectrum keyboard
• Choose authentic cassette loading or fast play
• Play using an external arcade controller (iCade or iControlPad)
What's New in Version 2.1
• Updated for iOS 9
• MFi Game Controller support
• Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Category: Games
- Updated: 17 October 2015
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 15.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Jonathan Needle
- Starstrike II (ZX Spectrum) ©1986-2014 Realtime Games Software Ltd. Powered by Spectaculator: Spectaculator, ZX Spectrum Emulator ©2001-2014 Jonathan Needle
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.