Statin-Associated Muscle Symptoms (SAMS): Definition, Assessment and Management
Statins (HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors) are first-line treatments for hypercholesterolaemia, with proven benefit in reducing cardiovascular events. However, clinicians recognise that muscle symptoms reported with statin use can be problematic. As a follow-up to the European Atherosclerosis Society (EAS) Consensus Panel Statement on statin-associated muscle symptoms (SAMS), this app translates recommendations for the diagnosis, assessment and management of SAMS. There is also an update on current thinking about the aetiology of statin myopathy. This guidance will allow most patients with SAMS to tolerate some form of statin therapy and derive the cardiovascular benefits of treatment. Other options are discussed in those few patients who are unable to tolerate any statin.
- Search main content;
- Add notes;
- Add bookmarks;
- Bug fixes;
- Abannan (UK) Limited
- 37.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Abannan Digital Solutions 2018
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.