This app is a pocket suicide prevention resource, packed full of useful information to help you stay safe. You can use it if you are having thoughts of suicide or if you are concerned about someone else who may be considering suicide.
In addition to the resources, the app includes a safety plan, customisable reasons for living, and a life box where you can store photos that are important to you.
Grassroots Suicide Prevention is a charity that supports communities to prevent suicide. We teach suicide prevention skills to community members and professionals. We work hard to raise awareness of suicide prevention and reduce the stigma surrounding suicide. Grassroots Suicide Prevention is not a crisis service.
- Added resources for Hertfordshire.
- Added resources for Coventry and Warwick.
- Added resources for Avon and Wiltshire.
- Updated resources for Norfolk and 2gether Trust.
- Remove the 'Just text' option for JustGiving.
Ratings and Reviews
A good start
I like the idea of this app. I was disappointed that there were a fair few links that don’t work. It would be nice to have the plan more customisable too.
I doubt this app is of much use to anyone with a serious mental health problem but it offers some good basic advice
I have to start by saying that an app like this is long overdue within the UK!
This app is an amazing toolset that can help those who might be having problems, and also for anyone looking to help or to detect signs in someone who might have thoughts of suicide or similar.
I feel everyone can find something useful within this app irrelevant of their gender (as males traditionally tend to 'bottle things up') and end the whole taboos and stigma around this subject, and ultimately get everyone talking (positively).
- Grassroots Suicide Prevention
- 14.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian Bokmål, Swedish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Grassroots Suicide Prevention
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.