Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the free Steam app for iOS, you can participate in the Steam community wherever you go.
With the Steam app for iOS, you can:
- Chat with your Steam friends.
- Secure your account with the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator.
- Access your inventory, trades, and the Community Market on the go. With Trade and Market Confirmations, you can be sure that your items never leave your account without your approval.
- See the latest screenshots and posts from your friends and the most popular content from across the Steam Community.
- Keep up on the latest news and discussions from your favorite groups and games.
- Remotely download and install your games straight to your PC at home.
What's New in Version 2.0.10
Fixed an issue where the app would get stuck at a login screen with no Steam Guard code after resuming from the background.
Stop logging me out :'(
It's an alright app but by no means near the quality it should be. It has recently developed an infuriating habit of consistently logging me out every third or so time of me opening the app. This is beyond annoying especially when I want to reply to a message or purchase a game from one of the many sales quickly (Both of these features work fine btw). This just seems random, with no correlation to internet connection issues as this happens everywhere and everyday. Personally I'd recommend obviously for an in-app setting to alter the time that you can remain logged in with a permanent option in which your password is only required when purchasing or trading. I realise this issue may be somehow isolated to me but I've been using this app for several years of which this has never happened before.
Overall this variant of steam functions adequately enough for me to continue using it as on the most part it works hence why I've had it for so long! But this 'feature' complete with other issues such as videos just generally not working whatsoever limit the app getting a higher rating.
Takes up ALL PHONE STORAGE
I've installed this app for the sole purpose of being able to communicate with friends and trade on the go, which it does well. However the 1 problem I have with this app is that it takes up 3.6GB of my phone storage. This app eats at ALL of my phone storage to the point where basic apps CANNOT open as there is no storage for those apps. I can't even send a message on Facebook, open Safari nor make a call on my phone. I can't delete this app as I'll lose the ability to list things on the market and trade, which I do a lot of, and I've reinstalled this MANY TIMES, yet after 10 DAYS it gets back to its 3.6GB Storage.
Overall good app, HOWEVER it makes your phone literally unusable.
Need to authenticate with the authenticator?!?
This stupid app started shutting instantly after opening after an update, I reinstalled and it did it again after a short while. I just reinstalled again and now the stupid app wants me to authenticate using the app. Are you freaking kidding me?!? open the authenticator by authenticating using the authenticator? what do you think this is? some kind of pandora's box app? only reason I got this was to speed up buying/selling the trading cards on my steam account. Useless. take my advice and wait a week to sell stuff. Much better than waiting for hours for support to maybe get back to you before your days over and you have to go back to work.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 10 June 2016
- Version: 2.0.10
- Size: 12.8 MB
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Developer: Valve Corporation
- © 2015 Valve Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.