Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the free Steam app for iOS, you can participate in the Steam community wherever you go.
With the Steam app for iOS, you can:
- Chat with your Steam friends.
- Secure your account with the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator.
- Access your inventory, trades, and the Community Market on the go. With Trade and Market Confirmations, you can be sure that your items never leave your account without your approval.
- See the latest screenshots and posts from your friends and the most popular content from across the Steam Community.
- Keep up on the latest news and discussions from your favorite groups and games.
- Remotely download and install your games straight to your PC at home.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
This update fixes a crash on iOS 6.1
Previously: Added Community Market, Trading, Game Hubs, Discussions, and more to the app. The profile views have been updated with showcases, badges, and more. The Store views have also been updated with new personalization features and user reviews. The new Support site can also be accessed from the app for help with your Steam account and games.
Added a new confirmations feature for confirming trades and market activity.
Is this really a steam product?
Steam is a huge company, with a huge networth. I find it inadequate that steam, a well renowned company for quality products and customer service, has created and is not updating the app accordingly, there is many app breaking bugs that I have come across. I.E: when you open the app with an iPad locked on landscape mode you won't be able to click the the bubble to open your chat.
I understand that steam isn't really meant for mobile anyway but I do expect a lot better from steam.
Usually mobile apps are created with the mindset you won't be using the desktop layout. It used to be like that, but this update, despite improving stability of the app, is now a feature deprived desktop app. It's difficult to navigate since the chat and sidebar is the extent of the mobile design, but we can still do what we need, so it'll have to suffice.
Pass and fumble
With each iteration, Steam has moved more away from being a fully native app, and more towards a wrapped web site. This most recent version compounds that failure. The steam site is not built for mobile; tap areas are too small, navigation is byzantine and inconsistent. Worst of all, many of the useful links such as Specials or Wishlist have vanished from the overflow menu.
Add to that a frankly amateurish abuse of iOS design patterns has transformed this for a useful companion app, to a lazy waste of bytes.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 03 November 2015
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 11.0 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Developer: Valve Corporation
- © 2015 Valve Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.