By Massimiliano Petrucci
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SteelShapes is a powerful tool for structural engineers. It contains a database of the most frequently used steel shape such as: double T, L, C, flange flanked L, round tubes, rectangular hollow channels, welded box from double T steel shapes and cables.
For each of those shapes the program shows:
- the dimensional properties
- the inertial properties
- the basic classification for normal force and flexure around - the main axes YY e ZZ according to Eurocode 3
- the distribution of shear stress (or shear flux) for shear action in YY or ZZ direction and the warping function
- the resistent bending moments (reduced if the section is in class 4) and the allowable loads for some beam span using the schema of simple pinned beam
- the max normal force allowable as a function of the beam span using a simple pinned beam schema.
What's New in Version 2.5
- UI improvements
- added symbolic calculator
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 06 December 2013
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 4.4 MB
- Languages: English, Italian
- Developer: Massimiliano Petrucci
- © 2009-2013 Massimiliano Petrucci
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.