Track how far you walk and how many steps you take. Always on, works on all iPhones.
Steps is a pedometer and activity tracker. It shows you just how much you're moving in a simple, elegant way. Set a goal. As you walk, the colors change to show your progress like a sunrise. No noise, no extra gadget to wear and nothing to distract you.
Everyone should walk 10,000 steps every day for their health, but many of us don't go that far. With Steps, you can easily track how far you go every day, set a goal, and get moving!
- Clear, uncluttered design and changing color tells you at a glance how far you've gone today
- Easily set and adjust goals
- Calorie tracking, customized for your body and activity
- Track and share your full activity history
- Check in quickly from your Apple Watch or Notification Center on your iPhone
- Integrates with Apple Health to combine data from your Apple Watch or other connected devices
ALWAYS ON, WORKS WITH THE PHONE YOU HAVE
- Always on and tracking, no need to press start and stop buttons
- Works anywhere on your body
- Works with any iPhone running iOS 7 or greater
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
To track your activity in the background on the iPhone 4, 4S, 5 and 5c, Steps keeps track of your location. We've gone to great lengths to minimize battery use and make sure your charge still lasts all day, but there's no getting around some impact on your battery.
*** A note on location ***
Steps needs access to your location in order to track how far you walk in the background. If Steps doesn't update while it's in the background, please open the Settings app and go to Privacy -> Location Services. Make sure that you have enabled Location Services for Steps -- this should resolve the issue. Thanks!
This update includes more responsive tracking and more.
- Faster updating of your step count while the app is open (yay!)
- Improved daily summary notifications
- Fixes for delayed or missing updates on main screen or in your history view
- Other misc fixes (including a crash fix from the previous update)
Ratings and Reviews
Loving this app. ✅
I've used plenty of pedometers over the years and was a bit wary of an iPhone app as folks said it drains the battery or is inaccurate.
I went ahead and downloaded it anyways and I'm pleased to report that for me, the accuracy is perfect and with no problem with battery drain. I've actually manually counted my steps several times and provided it's in my pocket, the accuracy is perfect. No false readings from normal handling of the phone either. Very impressive. I bought the very reasonable in app upgrade to allow some more features. And I've not missed my 10,000 a day target since I got it. Great app. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
It’s a GREAT game!
This app the first time I saw the reviews I was a bit un-sure. I thought to my self how does it know I’m walking? This app counts all the steps you’ve done and then keeps it in a log then it can put how much you’ve walked into miles. It evens out and target on for you and you can change your target daily. This app also counts your steps by your heart beat to. You just have to have your phone in your hand or in your coat pocket to make sure it does it accurately. Overall this app is great and I think that it’s worth getting and it’s even better that it’s free. So get the app to help you know how many steps you’ve done!!! 👍🎉😉
Can't trust the accuracy
There is no point in using something you can't trust and once you discover the app is not accurate, it is the end.
This morning I went out for a long walk. About halfway, I checked the app. It seemed correct, I had been walking for about 40 minutes and had walked approx 4000 steps.
When I got home, I checked the app again - it said I had walked 6500 steps in 34 minutes. I had been out for 75 mins.
I'll be searching the App Store for something more reliable. It's a pity because I wanted a pedometer, which was simple and didn't have too many added, unnecessary, features. This one seemed perfect - it I such a shame but I cannot now trust any of the information it has given me in the past.
- Phillip Kast
- 72.1 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese, Russian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2014-2018
- In-App Purchases
- Calorie Tracking £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.