Get Stop Motion Studio, the world’s easiest app to get you into stop motion moviemaking today!
As seen on Apple's TV commercial “Life on iPad.”
Stop Motion Studio: Check out the buzz...
"This app has lots of attractive features, making it super easy to get into stop motion video. You’ll have a lot of fun playing with it.”
“With a little creativity and a lot of patience, there’s much fun to be had with this app! Check it out.
“...for satisfying the inner animation producer in all of us.”
“It includes some exciting features.”
“Let's Make a Movie!”
Want to create movies like Wallace and Gromit or those groovy Lego shorts on YouTube? Then this is the app you’ve got to add to your collection.
Create beautiful stop motion animated movies anywhere instantly on your device. Everything you need is right at your fingertips. No computer needed. It's simple to use, deceptively powerful and insanely fun to play with. Create fantastic movies your friends will enjoy or share it with the world on YouTube, Facebook and other sites. Cool themes, titles and sound effects are easy to add, too.
Stop Motion Studio helps you to create terrific stop action movies with a whole host of unique features:
• Overlay mode to show you the differences between frames for precise control
• Grid mode to position animated objects more easily
• Ability to use the volume button on your device to capture images
• Integrated movie editor with frame-by-frame preview at different speeds
• Cut, copy, paste, delete and insert frames at any position
• Automatically capture frames with an adjustable time interval feature
• Zoom in and out on the timeline view so you never get lost, even if you have hundreds of frames
• Fade your movie in or out for a professional look
Do amazing things*:
• Create movies in Ultra High Definition with four times the resolution of Full HD.
• Import pictures from your photo library into your movie.
• Remote Camera: Get a new perspective! Use your iPhone, iPod or iPad as a remote camera connected via a Wi-Fi.
• Movie Effects: Choose from seven amazing effects to give your movie an extra-creative professional touch.
• Green Screen: Change the background of your scene to make the figures you capture fly or appear anywhere you can imagine.
• Rotoscoping: Import video clips and create stunning animations by painting over it.
• Add movie titles and credits using eight different themes. Or choose from 28 amazing theme and text cards.
• Choose from more than 30 different front- and background images.
• Colorize your movie with different paint tools and paint directly onto the image.
• Crop, rotate or flip an image the way you like it.
• Use the magic eraser to magically erase unwanted parts of the image.
• Merge frames together to simulate fast movement.
Full Camera Control
• 4K Ultra High Definition, 1080p and 720p.*
• Camera zoom
• Automatic or manual white balance, focus and exposure control
• Cinema Mode (2.35:1)
Record Audio or Add Music
• Bring it all to life using sound effects at virtually any position in your movie. Choose from more than 80 music and sound samples*
• Add music from your own song library to your movie
• Record audio or voiceover directly to your movie
• Adjust the volume of any sound track
• Import audio from Dropbox or any other app.
• Export your movie in up 4K UHDTV quality
• Export as animated GIF
• Export in square format for Facebook or Instagram
• Export all images
• Project Import and Export
Share Your Movie on the Web and in Your Home
• Publish directly to YouTube, Facebook, DropBox or iCloud
• Transfer your movies to your computer
• Built-in parental controls to manage access
* Optional feature. Requires in-app purchase. All features are already included in Pro version.
Thanks for using Stop Motion Studio. We have fixed some issues and added an option to trim a video clip before importing. We welcome your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
Hello developers or developer.
I have used the app for 4 weeks now, over all great experiences.
One area I like is to have a response to emails to my questions before purchases please.
Improvement areas would be in RotoScoping the drawing experience is anything in fine detail like 0.5 with a Apple pen appears not to work. I like to be able to rotor screen and not by hand. As in to rotate the screen physical is a backwards way of thinking.
Frame by frame from using the RotoScoping is basic not much details can be added. Think Procreate take away 100 % and your their.
This is not a negative, just something you can improve upon.
Such as adding back ground layer maybe a green screen in RotoScoping. At the moment you have to do this frame by frame !
The other areas of time line and stop motion are good very good.
I did add a back ground colour in the menu like green screen but was unable to add to whole time line.
Especially like the head phone jack for press to take images while in stop motion.
At the price a person wishing to buy cannot complain.
I like to see more on line videos to explain and answer questions.
These I found limited to my questions.
Last thought stop motion is your name
The name cat eaters I suggest change :)
As your running under cat eater llc
Might present some interesting ideas from some people
It’s almost there, just one thing wrong.
The merge function has been restored thankfully and works great with the animation I’m working on. The one thing for me is when there are a lot of frames in an animation it starts to lag and miss frames out which makes it look very jumpy and it’s hard to record voice because when you click on a frame (when there’s a lot of them) it clicks on the wrong frame which is quite weird and annoying. It might be my phone, I’m not sure but if other people have this issue then please address it so it’s fixed. But all in all the app works and it’s layout is very easy to use and make great but ‘short’ animations.
Bring back the audio save feature!
I love this app it's what i do all my stop motions on before I upload them to YouTube,But the new update has been for the worse,before the update if I recorded a sound I'd be able to access it again on one of the tabs....say I recorded a person running I could go to the tab and it would have all the sounds that I'd recorded,so if i made someone run again I could use that sound,but now there's no tab for that so id have to record the same sound over and over because in this update it doesn't save your sound,stop motion is an already tedious art but now i also have to keep recording the same sound because the tab where it automatically saves is gone😡
In-App PurchasesSee All
- CATEATER, LLC
- 130.2 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Cateater, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Feature Pack £4.99
- Import Images £0.79
- Sound Effects £0.79
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.