By Tamajii Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Creativity can't wait! Storyboards let's you create your movie's storyboard yourself. Without the need for any drawing ability.
Thanks to the hundreds of characters and props included in the app, you'll be able to quickly compose the shots of your next movie, through an intuitive and feature-rich touch interface.
The characters and props are located inside the Library. Tap anywhere in a drawing to open it, or tap the Library button on the right of the toolbar. Asian characters are coming soon.
The free version lets you create up to 2 storyboards of 10 drawings. You can buy the unlimited Premium version through an easy in-app purchase.
IMPORTANT: Make sure to backup your storyboards periodically or before updating the app.
For iOS 4.x and later only
--> Answers to some of the comments in the reviews:
If you have any problem, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- If you have a crash when starting the app or creating a new storyboard, remove the app and download it again. This problem seems due to an incomplete download or installation and is usually fixed by a clean delete + re-install. Storyboards is a rather large app and sometimes Apple's installation system has quirks like that.
- If you have a crash using the app, then it's most likely due to a memory shortage. Try to close the other apps by double-tapping the home button and doing a long tap on the app icons. Zooming a lot on a large object also consumes a lot of memory. We have restricted the amount of zoom that you can do on objects (to the detriment of extreme close-ups) and are working on solutions to this problem.
If you use the same AppStore account as the one you used to purchase the app initially, it will not charge you again. Backup your storyboards before doing this.
- You can move a drawing to another place in the sequence by doing a long tap on it and drop it wherever you want. The demo movie on Storyboards' page on our web site shows this.
- Arrows and frames can be added, on the Annotations layer, to indicate camera or character moves. Check the integrated Help for a diagram of supported gestures.
- The characters are accessed by gender. Then, through the Head selection, you can choose a different style or color. For example, select the Man, then either white, black, villain, etc.
What's New in Version 1.24
Bug fixes for iOS 6
Great, but can be a bit buggy
Great and useful app. Professional settings (aspect ratio etc.) and a fair selection of characters and poses, only limited by the fact that, as clip art, the characters can only face in 8 different directions. Love the layers and the arrows and the camera move icons. Love that I can place characters on my own set photos.
Only real criticism is that the characters sometimes change proportion and size, without apparent cause when you call them up from the favourites menu. Easy to resize, but an annoying bug nevertheless.
Really good app that could be great...
Needs more options, in most areas:
1. Larger choice of people that come in all shapes and sizes.
2. Different facial expressions, ie angry, happy, sad, etc.
3. More objects
4. Fonts for text, font sizes.
5. More arrows/shapes to represent different transitions or types of movement. ie turned/rotated, fast/slow, perspective (went from front to back), bang! Thought bubbles.
6. Coloured arrows/shapes
7. More backgrounds
8. More body parts ie feet
Good start, hopefully you'll keep adding stuff.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 09 November 2012
- Version: 1.24
- Size: 344 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Tamajii Inc
- © 2010-2011 Tamajii Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Storyboards Premium edition£10.49