By Audio Partnership
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stream Magic allows full control of Cambridge Audio’s NP30, Stream Magic 6 and Minx Xi network music players via your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
From the palm of your hand you can access music stored across your home network, your iPod or iPad, control streaming services, browse Internet radio stations and USB media using your favourite Apple control device. For the ultimate user experience, track information and album art is retrieved and displayed automatically.
You can also edit preset stations and streams and set-up a queue of favourite tracks which will continue to play even if your iOS device is switched off or loses its network connection.
In addition to these features, the new Stream Magic 6 network player from Cambridge Audio has support for volume control, digital input selection (including the BT100 Bluetooth adapter) and powering off/idle all from within the app.
• Full control of any Stream Magic powered Cambridge Audio network music player
• Browse and play tracks from UPnP servers or NAS drives connected to the same network
• Browse and search 20,000+ iRadio stations from across the world via the Stream Magic Internet Radio service
• Stream music stored on your iPad or iPhone directly to your Stream Magic device
• Access streaming services* such as Pandora, Rhapsody, SIRIUS, LastFM, Aupeo!, Live365 and MP3Tunes
• High-resolution display of album art and track information
• Automatic discovery of Cambridge Audio network music players on the network
• Save currently playing stations to memory
• Add, remove and re-order tracks in the playback queue
* Where available. Some premium services require a subscription.
What's New in Version 4.1.28
This app was very easy to set up and works very well. For those experiencing problems, it would be very useful to download the Cambridge Audio Minx Xi instruction manual as it gives details on how to get the best from this app. Setting the unit settings to 'idle' allows the app to 'wake up' and switch it on. Pressing and holding a music folder from an external source gives the options to either play the album or add to the 'queue'.
Hope that this helps those having difficulties.
Very impressed with both the Minx and the app.
Earlier versions were poor at retaining the connection to the Stream Magic, and this has now improved, a lot. It still takes a while (30 seconds or so) to populate the music directories - I have about 1200 CDs which I don't think is that many. I have upgraded to a synology nas which may have improve connectivity (was an old buffalo nas), but I think the app has improved over the years.
Stream Magic App
Having just purchased a Cambridge Minx XI music streamer decided to buy the Stream Magic App to use on my iPad Air2 for ease of use.
Connected immediately & found some amazing Internet radio stations to listen to from around the World from Country to Jazz Funk all in glorious 128kb sound quality.
Not sure why this App has so many negative reviews as it works perfectly !
- Category: Music
- Updated: 03 February 2015
- Version: 4.1.28
- Size: 24.4 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Developer: Audio Partnership
- © Audio Partnership Plc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.