Build the body and strength you always wanted.
StrongLifts is your personal trainer. Get the simplest, most effective workout plan to get stronger and build muscle.
Rated 5 stars by thousands of users.
Results from StrongLifters...
• Used for 3 months! Excellent results 285lb squat!
• I've gained 8 pounds of muscle in 3 months.
• After 12 weeks I'm now aiming for the 300lb squat and getting my bench above 220lb.
• In 3 weeks my squat has gone up by 45lb. It's an exercise I've struggled with in the past, but now it's one of my favourites.
• Being middle aged, overweight and never lifted weight this was what I needed. I am gaining muscle and strength, losing inches on the waist and squatted 220lb for the first time. I am more than happy.
Here’s how to get started with StrongLifts
1. Enter your best lifts (Squat, Bench, Deadlift,…), or start as a complete beginner
2. Watch how we calculate your optimal starting weights for each exercise
3. Get motivated by how much we predict you’ll be lifting in 12 weeks
4. Follow the workout plan, and build strength and muscle!
Stop wasting time in the gym, and start getting results. The StrongLifts 5x5 workout plan only takes three workouts a week of 45 minutes each. It's simple but effective..
• Intense, full body workouts to target every muscle with only three exercises
• Free weight, barbell exercises like Squats to build maximum strength and muscle
• Science-backed “Progressive Overload” to trigger gains and motivation
• Easy start with high exercise frequency to master proper form
• Rest days between workouts for optimal muscle recovery
• Visible, objective progress to keep you motivated
• Simple workouts to increase gym consistency
Most fitness apps only log your workouts but don’t show you how to get results. StrongLifts guides you through each workout like a personal trainer. It does all the thinking for you so you can focus on lifting. With StrongLifts you’ll know…
• How much weight to start with
• Which exercises to do each workout
• When to add weight, and by how much
• How to adjust for failures and plateaus
• When to deload, or switch sets & reps
• How long to rest between every set
• How much to lift after a break
You'll love the simplicity and ease-of-use of StrongLifts. Most fitness apps do too many things and are complicated to use. StrongLifts keeps it simple and saves you time…
• Easy to log - tap the circles to enter your sets, keep tapping to lower the reps
• Easy to adjust - tap the weight to change it, or let StrongLifts progress the weight
• Easy to follow - rest after each set, do your next set when the timer rings
• Easy to track progress - watch your strength increase on graphs
• Easy to learn - watch in-app videos of workouts
Apple Health compatible: sync workouts, body-weight, calories
Download StrongLifts and try our free workout plan. Upgrade to Pro for even better results with warmups, plate calculator, assistance exercises, and more.
StrongLifts Pro can be purchased for three months or yearly. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew at the end of the period, for the same price. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time up until 24-hours before the end of the subscription period in your Account Settings. When you cancel the auto-renewal, access to the Pro features will not expire immediately, you will have access until the end of the current payment period.
Our goal is to build the simplest, most effective way to build strength and muscle. We improve StrongLifts using your review and feedback. This is how we help you get "5-star" results in the gym.
Thanks for using StrongLifts! Since we've released StrongLifts Pro we've been working on improving the stability and usability of the app. We're not done yet and still have a while to go, so please bear with us. Once finished, we'll be able to release new features like Apple Watch faster. Right now we're like deloading before going for the next PR.
• Unlocking StrongLifts Pro wasn't working over the weekend, now fixed.
• Updated app info to optimize discovery (devs have been working on bigger changes meanwhile).
• A/B button no longer shows for done workouts, only new/ongoing
• A/B button now requires a confirmation on every tap to avoid tapping by mistake (some people were complaining about lost sets, not a bug but a feature)
• A/B button popup message reminds you one workout per day max. Hopefully people who don't read the StrongLifts 5x5 guide will now stop trying to do two workouts in a row...
• Changing the workout date to a date where you already logged a workout is no longer possible, to avoid duplicate workouts.
• Fixed StrongLifts Pro features not immediately available after unlock in some cases. Manual restore is now longer needed, it will work right away.
• Fixed StrongLifts Pro not working cross-platform for certain users (contact us if you're still having that issue after this update, you might need a manual fix)
• Fixed some purchases not working if you had multiple purchases, including legacy ones (Power Pack, individual features). Again, we won't block previous purchases, even if you don't upgrade to StrongLifts Pro. Really.
• Fixed purchase recovery screen freezing in some cases
• Fixed several issues that were causing the app to crash. We're at over 99.82% crash-free sessions now.
## Issues, questions or suggestions?
• Please read the workout guide - https://stronglifts.com/5x5/
• Please read our FAQ - https://support.stronglifts.com/
• Contact from the app - settings - about - contact / firstname.lastname@example.org
## Like StrongLifts?
• Please rate the app 5 stars so more people find it
Ratings and Reviews
An easy way to follow effective workouts to get stronger and build muscle.
Finally - a successful workout programme
This has been excellent. So simple. So brilliant. Over the years I’ve tried many workouts. This is the only one that I’ve stuck to and therefore seen results. It’s great as when you start it’s really quick and so you do not get bored. As time goes on you lift heavier and your rest periods are longer plus you start to do warmups for each exercise. Then you start to do auxiliary exercises but not to get big muscles but to enable you to hit your targets with the compound lifts. Obviously though the results are - big muscles. So nice to notice all over my body bigger muscles. It’s quite amazing. Love this.
I have one request though - Can you make this for Watch too. It would be so so much easier to not have to take my phone out but to just use my watch to log the sets. I hope this is coming soon. Thanks for everything. You’ve changed my life!
Thanks for the review, and congrats on your results. Apple Watch is coming. Can't give you any dates, but it's coming.
Best app in the store. Just wish you could edit workouts more freely.
Let me start by saying if you are unsure on whether or not to get this app, get it. It is so easy to use, rigorous and gives a near complete training program for both beginners and intermediates.
The program is designed to stick to compound lifts are target major muscle groups. The subscription is fully worth purchasing, and gives a simple guide to how to warm up and the ability to add on additional isolation exercises at the end.
Additionally if you do not have time for 5x5 or it becomes too taxing, you have the option to switch to 3x5.
My only complaint is that you cannot edit the core exercises for each workout. Now there is a good reason for this, as it ensures that you stick to the system (which I recommend) for the best results. However, individuals who suffer from conditions prohibiting them from certain lifts (such as supraspinatus tendinitis, which produces pain with barbell press), are unable to replace these exercises with a suitable alternative (such as standing/seated dumbbell press in the above case). Whilst the muscles targeted may not be identical, I personally believe that this app should give the freedom to allow edits. That’s just a thought, and I do hope one day such an option will be offered to subscribed users.
- Stronglifts Limited
- 75 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2007-2018 StrongLifts, Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- StrongLifts Power Pack £99.99
- StrongLifts Warmup Sets £99.99
- StrongLifts Pro Annual £17.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.