"Great app, simple, inspiring and definitely made for writers." - Alexandre Astier (Writer, Actor, Director)
"Subplot can be a writer's best friend ... 3.5 mice out of 5" - Macworld
Subplot is a story planning system for novelists and screenwriters. Use Subplot to keep track of Who, What, Where, When and Why in your writing projects.
- Create plans for novels or screenplays.
- Set deadlines and estimates for completion and let Subplot let you know whether you’re on schedule or not.
- Keep track of details for all the different characters, props, locations, events and story goals for your projects.
Interview your characters. Use Subplot’s expandable Q & A section to work out what makes your characters tick.
- Store and label images for each of your characters, props, locations and events. How about a portrait of your hero, or floor plans of your crime scene? (Images not supplied)
- Build scenes quickly and easily using Subplot’s Scene Builder.
- Use Subplot’s Ideas Board to keep track of any gems of inspiration that you have.
- View detailed reports about your project, including a breakdown of all the scenes a character appears in, the earliest chapter and scene that a character, prop, location or event appears in, as well as a dossier compiling all the information about your project or characters.
- Subplot has been specifically designed to cater for those planning on writing novels or screenplays rather than being a ‘one size fits all’ writing tool.
Subplot is designed to be used alongside your existing writing tool or word-processor. You don’t write your story in Subplot, instead you use Subplot to keep track of what you need to do next.
Have you just added a killer red herring to your murder mystery? Now you need to go back and add details about it to your story. With Subplot, you can easily add your red herring to the relevant scenes in your plan and use Subplot’s reports to judge whether you’ve given the reader enough opportunities to put the pieces together.
Subplot won’t tell you how or what to write, but you can use it to keep yourself on the path to completing your project.
Bug fix for issue saving goals under certain circumstances
Added simple Rich-Text-Format (RTF) export option to reports
Added ability to save a copy of the user guide for use outside the app
The alternate row grey shading colour is now lighter in reports
Ratings and Reviews
Great planning tool for writers!
This app is just what I was looking for to plan and organize my novel. I’ve always had a problem logging my ideas in a way that they come together, and here you can add details and plan every scene, character, location, prop etc until your heart’s content. The layout is so easy to understand, and the simplicity of use is a big selling point for me. Planning and organizing a novel is hard enough, nevermind having to find your way around a needlessly complicated app, but here it is so simple. I bought Scrivener a little while ago and have found it rather cumbersome considering I only wanted to use it to plan my novel, and then do the main writing through Microsoft Word. Here I can plan my novel and then use it as a reference tool alongside as I’m writing it. A story usually starts off in my head as a mess of details trying to find form, and here with this app I have found a way to breathe out those ideas in a logical and easy way. If you’re a writer and like to plan every detail of your novel in advance, then I highly recommend you buy this app, I’m glad that I did.
This is a Really Great Writing Tool!
Very flexible. Go into as much or as little detail as you wish with great printable reports to build your story in every respect.
Plan your chapters and get all the great ideas and information together ready to write.
This app has really streamlined my work flow. It's simple, practical, stable and well concived.
Also a bargin at this price and I've found nothing else which will do all that Subplot will do.
So what else can I say? First class app!
A must-have tool for the budding author. I'm amazed! Great job guys.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.