Sudoku (Full Version)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You won’t be looking for a paper puzzle ever again!
With 4 difficulty levels, intuitive interface, and all the functions right at your fingertips, this Sudoku app is sure to be your favorite. Interrupted? Exit Sudoku, and the puzzle is saved exactly as you see it!
* 4 levels - easy, medium, hard, extreme
* 3 input methods - digit first, cell first, popup
* Pencil marks with auto fill / erase, as specified in settings
* Undo and Redo
* Intelligent hints
* Real time competitions
* Top scores and History
* Selected digit highlighting, as specified in settings
* Incorrect entry highlighting, as specified in settings
* Submit results and track progress online
This version is supported by Ads (ad-free version - Sudoku Premium - is available for only $0.99).
A complete change log is at http://www.genina.com/sudoku/changelog.jsf
What's New in Version 9.0.2
- a new setting for "Default digit entry mode" ("Digit fist" vs. "Cell first")
- undo / redo now works for pencil marks as well as numbers.
- a new "Auto pencil" setting for erasing / adding pensil marks automatically as cells are solved / cleared.
- a new setting for highlighting cells that contain the selected digit.
- a new menu option: "Auto-fill" will fill out the pencil marks in all the empty cells (using this option counts as using helper, since it may, inadvertently, reveal parts of the solution).
- now there is a way to reset high scores / history (see Settings->Reset all scores).
I came across this version when the sudoku I had been playing for years suddenly began putting intensely irritating, noisy pop-ups in every time you successfully completed a puzzle. It took all of ten minutes to become a fan!
The easy levels pass the time and the hard and extreme levels make you earn your corn!
Interface is very intuitive, enabling quick and easy number entry. Coloured cell prompts help highlight same numbers, error highlights in Easy mode helps guide and coach in preparation for higher levels. As a novice soon became quite expert but still find the more difficult levels a challenge. Great for waking your brain up on the morning commute.
My times to do the extreme vary between 20 and 50 minutes. When I upload I typically get a message 'better than 5% of scores today. Thinking I must be thick I cheated by transcribing the starting numbers to a sheet of paper and doing it manually (as it were). I then loaded the game and completed it in 4 minutes - which I expected to be a record - but no, I was still only in the top 20% or so. Either there are a lot of very clever players or a lot of cheats.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 10 February 2013
- Version: 9.0.2
- Size: 10.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Japanese, Russian, Swedish
- Developer: Icenta, Inc.
- © 2009-2013 genina.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.