By Wolfgang Trumler
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sudoku Tablet is especially designed for the iPad and offers different Sudoku puzzles. It provides a great user experience by combining the overwhelming display size with an intuitive handling.
Play for different Sudoku types or play your favorite sudoku from the newspaper. Tap on the menu button to choose a new Sudoku. Double tap on a field to fill in your own pencil marks or let Sudoku Tablet automatically create the pencil marks for you. Use the hint system to get an advice once you're stuck.
Sudoku Tablet offers the following features:
- play the traditional Sudoku , Sudoku X, Sudoku Plus, or Samurai Sudoku
- choose from five difficulty levels (purchased app only)
- save and load Sudokus (purchased app only)
- mail a sudoku to your friend (purchased app only)
- enter your own puzzle in the newspaper mode
- unlimited amount of Sudokus generated on demand
- tap on a predefined number to color all of them
- automatic pencil marks that change according to your input
- hint system shows a field or additionally the number
- highlight row and column dependent on the current selection
- can show wrong numbers in red
- remembers your the favorite position of your Sudoku
- beautiful animations
- progress is automatically saved on exit
If you like Sudoku Tablet you can unlock all five levels of the puzzle generator for unlimited Sudoku fun via InApp Purchase. This also removes the iAds from your screen.
The free version offers the first three difficulty level. Nevertheless, you can enter your favorite puzzle in the newspaper mode to try Sudoku Tablet with any other Sudoku.
What's New in Version 2.2
- added Frensh localization (thanks to Pierre-Yves)
- support for retina display
- timer continues when loading a saved sudoku
- number pad doesn't move when tapping on numbers
Do NOT buy this app
I was disappointed with the app compared to other similar ones, but that is life.
The reason I recommend not buying this app is because the email puzzle option does not work on an ipad (even though I bought the ipad version).
Then, why I try to find an option to communicate with the seller I could not find it.....in other words, they take your money and there is no way to get in contact.
My first ever app review, shame it is one warning people of sharp practice.
This app does not work
I purchased this app to copy and complete newspaper Sudoku....
Saving a newspaper Sudoku and then attempting to re open it only opens a blank puzzle. I've tried 3 times to input and save a Newspaper puzzle.
The "email a sudoku" also does not send anything but a plain text email.
There are also a number of minor spelling mistakes.