Suicide Lifeguard is intended for anyone concerned that someone they know may be thinking of suicide. It provides information on:
• How to recognize warning signs of suicide
• How to ask about suicidal thoughts and/or intentions
• How to respond and
• Where to refer
• Immediate connection to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
• Specific resources for:
o Those who identify as LGBTQ
o Spanish speaking individuals
o Persons who are deaf or hard of hearing
• Direct access to national and Missouri resource websites
This suicide prevention information was produced by the Missouri Suicide Prevention Project, a joint effort between the Missouri Institute of Mental Health at the University of Missouri-St. Louis and the Missouri Department of Mental Health. It was made possible by grant number SM057376 from SAMSHA. The views and policies and opinions expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of SAMSHA.
optimizations and new links
- University of Missouri-St. Louis
- 33.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Curators of the University of Missouri
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.