Sun Surveyor Lite takes the mystery out of the sunrise, sunset and magic hours, helping photographers and filmmakers scout the best locations, plan effectively, and get the perfect shot. Solar Industry (PV) Professionals, architects, real estate agents, and gardeners will also find a wealth of empowering, interactive features.
The 3D Compass and detailed Ephemeris provide a wealth of information about the largest natural light source in the galaxy:
- Predict and plan for the golden hour, blue hour and every sunrise & sunset
- Visualize the sun's path throughout the day or through the year
- Visual time machine - take a quick glance at the light for a day, or dial in desired compositions easily
- Twilight times - civil, nautical, astronomical
- Solstice and Equinox visualization
- Sun shadow information - calculate the length of shadows cast by objects
- Magnetic declination compensation
Check out the Full Version of Sun Surveyor for more:
- Live Camera View - augmented reality projections of the sun and moon paths, pinpoint the time the sun or moon will be at a particular location in the sky
- Interactive Map View - plan a remote shot or PV array placement, interact with a top-down perspective of sun and moon paths and events
- Street View Panoramas - 360 degree spherical panoramas with selected sun, moon and milky way events overlaid, where available
- Moon Information: moon position, moonrise, moonset, moon phases, apogee, perigee, distance and a Super Moon finder
- Show clients the quality and quantity of seasonal sunlight at a remote location
- Understand potential shade of surroundings and discover any obstructions
- Create images of the summer and winter Solstice & Equinox paths for a site
- Prepare night photography shots with the Milky Way & star trail features
- Offline usage (excludes Map View, Street View) - enter coordinates, save & load locations with no data connection or GPS available
- Measure distance, and difference between elevations, and vertical angle differentials with the Map view
- Import and export Google Earth .kmz/.kml locations
- Performance improvements and fixes for iOS 12
- Brought over the latest changes from the full version
- Brand new visualization engine - much more detail and faster performance
- (new!) Light Map: shows a filled area of light spanning the Summer and Winter Solstices when Solstice visualization is enabled from the Solstices & Equinoxes info panel; Use this for PV applications and real estate (ex. line it up with a window) -- this area represents where the sun will be throughout the year, anything outside of it, the sun will never be there!
- The Light Map also shows the Solar Analemma - for each hour, the figure-8 looking graph of the sun's position as it appears on every day of the year
- (new!) Display mode button for combinations of the celestial sphere, standard horizontal grid, sun + moon paths below the horizon
- (new!) 3D Compass: added control to toggle motion sensors; when off, you can manually orient the display with finger gestures
Ratings and Reviews
What a cool app, if only full version was a little less ££££
It tells me the info for where I am now, but not for anywhere else!!!! Duh.
Absolute garbage !
Calibrate phone compass it points North. Calibrate this app and it's 35 degrees out ! Says Sun gonna rise in the South & not the East. Binned it !!!
Developer Response ,
Hello, please get in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org) as I'd like to understand your situation more and share some tips. A compass being off will affect all similar apps and apps that use the compass sensor, not just this one.
- Adam Ratana
- 145.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPad.
- English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2018 Adam Ratana
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.